Up

What's there to talk about?

I glanced at Daniel, asking for help but the asshole just nodded and mouthed 'go'. I shifted my eyes to Jisung, he was displease, I know. It's written all over his face.

I sighed. They used to be really close. That was what Seongwoo told me. I can't help but to wonder what happened. "Fine. Let's talk."

We walked away from the two, but not too far. I kept a safe distance between him. I know where my place is and it's not in him. He already made it clear.

"I'm sorry about the last time." He said.

I smiled, bitterly as I recalled the harsh words I received from him. What's new? "It's okay, I'm already used to it."

I'm used to his rejections. I'm used to feeling so small whenever I'm with him. I'm used to being not good enough. I'm used to loving someone who can never love me back.

"Shit." He cussed. "I'm not used to seeing you with anyone. I don't like it."

His chest was heaving. He was muttering words I couldn't hear thus, I wasn't able to comprehend. "If you have nothing else to say, then excuse me." I said, and waited for nothing and left him there. Seeing him hurts me more.

I continued to walk. I was itching to look back but I know it would do no good. Because if he really cares for me, he'd chase me. Right? He would stop me from leaving and from walking away from him, but that didn't happen.

Where is Jisung? I was looking for him all over the place but he's nowhere to be found. Damn. Just when I need him the most.

Oh. There he is. My forehead creased. Why is he near the secluded area? There's this place inside the campus that no one dares to visit because thhere was an old rumor that a ghost can be seen here. But I don't think that's true. They should scared of the living instead of the ghost. The living are the one capable of doing harm.

I tried to smile as I walk to Jisung. He seems too absorbed talking to someone on the phone that he didn't notice me behind him.

"Fuck!" He furiously said to the person on the other line. I was taken aback. It was my first time seeing him this mad. His face was traced with anger and the veins in his neck are showing. "Pull out the shares that we have in Engineering, Procurement and Construction company. Pull it out..."

My heart was beating fast. I took a few step back. I was thinking why that conpany seems familiar, that's... Minhyun's family business.

"Or just expel Minhyun from our University." He added. He was massaging his forehead. "What? There's no reason to expel him? Then find a reason! Damn it! I just want him away from my sight. Away from Nicole. Away from us. Just do it! Just make his life miserable. I don't care. Do anything. Threaten him or what, just make him stay away from us."

He seems furious. He seems like a different person. The person in front of me is no longer the Jisung that I know. Jisung is not greedy. This isn't him.

The call ended, but Im still too surprised, to noticed that I was holding my breath. I was shaking. I covered my mouth with my hand, as I was too damn shocked to move. I was completely frozen on my spot.

Jisung turned to my direction. His eyes went wide for a second but was quick to regain his composure. "Nicole, did you just got here?" He tried to smile. But it was too fake for me. "What have you heard?"

"All. I heard it all." I said. I was disguested. I didn't know he was capable of doing such thing. I have known him for being the kindest. He was too gentle. "Don't come near me. Stay where you are. Don't, Jisung or I'll shout."

But he was deaf to hear my pleas. "Nicole, hear me out. I'm begging you." He said, holding my shoulders. He was forcing me to face and look at him. "Please hear me out. I did that because I love you."

"Save me!" I screamed. I was crying. "Please don't touch me, Jisung. I feel disgusted."

Because it was wrong. What he did was wrong. It was too cruel of him. It was so unlike him.

"Get your hands off her." A familiar deep voice authoritatively said.

Jisung took his hands off me. His eyes were pleading. But I don't want to hear him out, just yet.

"Take me home, Minhyun. Please." Minhyun took me into his arms and helped me walk for I was too weak to even take a step.

"Nicole, wait please!" Jisung plead. He tried to hold my hand but I flinched.

Minhyun's jaw clenched, his punch landed to Jisung's face a minute later. It happened so fast. "Stay away from her. Play fair. Goddamn!"

A/N: one more chapter and epilogue :))/