Who

"NICOLE ANGCHANGCO, you are free to go I hope this will be the last time you're here." He, an officer that's maybe in his late twenties, said, as he open the bars.

I chuckled. "I don't know. I guess I'll be seeing you again?"

"Your boyfriend's waiting for you."

"Oh. I wish." I mentally tsk-ed. He is not my boyfriend. I wish he is, but he isn't. "Minhyun-ssi." I called, but he was fixated on the form he was signing, probably a memo that says I'm free.

"This is going to be the last time that I'll save your ass, Nicole." He seriously said. I rolled my eyes. He's been saying last time for around tenth times now. "Stop making trouble."

"I don't make trouble. Trouble make me." I smirked, as I recall why I'm at the precint again.

"You can afford Beers, there is no need to steal." He added.

"But where's the fun in that?"

-

"FIX yourself." He said, as he throws his shirt and a boxer shorts to me.

"What the hell!" I sputtered. "Asshole!" I went inside his bathroom and change my clothes. It has been a long day for me.

Minhyun was already cooking when I went out. I sat on the couch and turned on the television.

"What do you want to do, Nicole?" He asked as he snatches the remote from me.

"What? Rest?" I raised my brow. Obviously, I'm tired. I want to rest. I want to hibernate from life.

"I'm serious." He stared.

I stared back. "Marry me, then." I'm serious too, this time.

He sighed in frustration. "Fuck. What am I gonna do with you?!"

I watched him pulls his hair in frustration. I'm frustrated too. I did not noticed that I was holding my breath the whole time I was staring at him. He just leaves me breathless. Always. Damn it. Why, Minhyun? "Marry me, Hwang Minhyun." I said again. "Stop chasing someone else's girl and marry me like you promised before."

"That was just a childish promise, Nicole. My God!"

But it wasn't for me.

It wasn't just a childish promise for me.

I was seven then but I know it wasn't supposed to be just like that.

I was seven when I fell in love with the nine year old Hwang Minhyun, who tied my shoelace for me after I stumbled and scrapped my knee.

I got my phone from the table and stood up. I need to leave. I need a space to breath.

"Where are you going?"

I was shaking as I clench my hands into a fist. "Why do care?" I shut the door behind me, and let stupid tears fall from my eyes.

Fuck it.

-

"MISS?"

"Oh?" Shit. "Sorry. Here's my payment."

"$20 dollars, ma'am." She smiled.

I smiled back. "Thank you."

I took the bag with the bottle of beers inside. Tonight, I'll be drinking. And tonight, no troublemaker Nicole.

I look so pathetic sitting outside the convinience store, chugging down another bottle beer.

When did I become so pathetic? When I found out that I was not my Mother's child. When I found out that I was a sin.

"That's your 4th bottle." Someone said, and sat beside me.

His voice sounded so familiar, but I couldn't recognize who. I could only see the side of his face, but it wasn't clear enough since the only thing that lights up the outside of the store is the lightpost.

"Who are you?"

He chuckled. "You don't remember me?"

I tsk-ed. "I wouldn't ask if I know you." That's common sense, and he lacks that one.

He seems amused, since he continued chuckling to himself. "I helped you the other night and you forgot already?"

I crinkled my nose. "Right." It was the other night. I almost got caught but he helped me. "Why aren't you here last night?"

"You got caught?"

"Yeah. Unfortunately for me, I spent the night at the jail again."

"You waited for me last night?" He asked.

"Nope." I answered. "I just thought I needed someone to save my ass."

He laughed.

God, he sounded annoying. "Is there something funny?"

"Nothing." He replied. "But the thought of you getting caught is. You used to good at making trouble, Nicole."

"So you've been observing me?" I smirked. Caught you.

"I... uhm.." He stuttered. "Yeah?"

And this time, it was my turn to laugh. "Do you like me?"

"So what if I say yes?"

I shrugged. "You shouldn't."

"Why?" He asked, like a little boy who was lost.

I stood up and cup his face. "You'd never want to get into trouble." I said, leaving him behind.