Chapter 2.

Waking up to the sound of an alarm is one of the worse things to exist; especially on a day where you don't need one. I sit up feeling pain shoot to my wrists. I remember what happened last night with the drunk man, then Sweet Pea and a smile forces its way upon my face.

God, I can't be falling for someone I just met and it's pretty much forbidden since Northsiders and Southsiders aren't supposed to get along with each other.

I finish getting ready and put my hair into a ponytail, then make my way downstairs and grab an apple from the decorative fruit bowl in the centre of the dining table. I take a bite and Gigi comes running downstairs.

"Where are you going? Can I come with you?" she asks, excitedly, and walks over to me.

"Sorry Gi, but not this time" I reply and she crosses her arms over her chest, huffing. I raise my eyebrows and give her a look, knowing she'll give in.

"Awe, fine, can we hang out later then?"

"Sure, how about we have dinner at Pop's since Mum is leaving at five and she's away all weekend?" I ask, throwing my Apple core in the bin, and Gigi nods excitedly at my suggestion. "Ok, I'll come home before Mum leaves, then we can go."

* * * *

I walk into the car park of Pop's and see a group standing around motorbikes. Taking a glance at them, I know they are Serpents. The leather jackets with the sewn on gang sign proudly centred on the back. I spot Sweet Pea standing in the midst of them, a bruise prominently framing his right eye. It must be from last night. He looks up from his switchblade and looks right back at me; his face staying emotionless.

I quickly look down at the ground as I rush towards the entrance. I walk inside, hearing the bell ring above my head, and see Veronica sitting in the booth that our group always sits in. "Hey V," I say, sitting down in the booth.

"Hey, Risma" she replies, a smile making its way onto her face. "Are you going to the last showing at the drive-in tomorrow night?"

"Possibly, I want to but it's just me and Gigi until Tuesday morning, so I'll have to see if she can stay at a friends house."

"Ok, well text me when you have an answer."

"Will do."

"If you go, you're coming with me and Kevin," she says. "And that's not a choice."

"Of course it's not."

"Anyway, how'd the date with Chuck go?" She cheerfully asks, clasping her hands together.

"I don't want to talk about it..."

"Oh crap girl, was it that bad?"

"I guess you could say that..."

Veronica doesn't need to know that it didn't even happen. She'd make a big deal about it and then everybody in the whole of Riverdale would find out I got stood up by Chuck Clayton.

* * * *

I check the time and see it's three o'clock in the afternoon. "Oh shit, I need to go. Rosalie is leaving soon and I need to be home for Gigi," I say, not realising that group and I have been at Pop's for hours.

"Ok, text me tonight," Veronica says, standing up to hug me goodbye.

I walk out of Pop's diner and see all the Serpents have left apart from Sweet Pea. He stands up straight from leaning back against his motorbike.

"Hey Northside, took you long enough to ditch them" he calls out to me and I roll my eyes as a smile makes its way onto my face.

"Are you stalking me now?" I ask and look up at him.