Prolog

I was always told growing up that I should never fall in love, my heart would always be broken. There would never be someone worth putting the time of a relationship into. It's not like I really could in the first place, it almost seemed like my parents moved us to a different area of the country as soon as I started to settle in.

That is until we moved to Brooklyn. For reasons I would later know of Brooklyn was the place that we actually stayed at. I was fairly young when we moved in, about the beginning of my teenage years. We were in a small apartment near the center, easier access to every exit I was told.

Eventually, I was forced to go into school after the many years of homeschooling by my mother, I didn't question it. After the first few days, I noticed that there were the same two boys who walked the same path I did. I would go talk to them but I'm not exactly the most outgoing of people, more the opposite. I was always told to hide in the shadows and not draw attention to myself.

After a few weeks of quietly walking behind them by a few feet, usually reading a book and just following their loud noises towards the school and taking the occasional glance towards their feet to be sure I was still with them. When one day I heard the words I never wanted to hear, "Are you following us?"

This one question forced me to begin to interact with these two boys. I looked up from my book to get the first look at their faces, I mean I have been following them from behind. One was fairly average looking, brown hair blue eyes, the other a little more on the scrawny side with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"In a way, yes, but it's not like I have a choice." I mean, I kind of have to get to school too, and this was the only route.

"What does that mean?" Man, this one with brown hair has questions on questions.

"I have to get to school some how it's not like I can fly or teleport."

"Then why don't you walk with us? It's not like we bite."

"I know you don't, just didn't want to intrude on anything."

"You can't intrude on anything when the past few days we've mainly been talking about you... okay, that sounds a little creepy..." Which was followed by a head slap from Blondie, who spoke for the first time.

"What my friend meant to say was, we'd like you to walk with us. I'm Steve," while he held out a hand for me to shake, which I more just looked at since both my hands were full.

"And I'm James, but I prefer Bucky," said the other one while shoving Steve's hand down and sending a full grin towards me.

"I'm Dolores."

And off we went on the first of many not so lonely walks to school.