Just a personal opinion

Okay y'all. This is a trigger warning and I'm just ranting. If you like these things, I'm not hating on you or anything. Just personal opinion

Is anyone else tired of reading about romance??? Like it's so stereotypical and cliché, I'm quite literally sick of reading it. At this point, romance is just a big turn off for me in a book. Especially if it's a straight romance. Because what is the most basic, stereotypical, cliché, boring thing out there?

Straight couples.

Like, ughh. I've grown up all my entire life around straight shit and I used to be like "whatever", but as I've grown, I'm just immensely bored of it all.

Why does everything have to be about love???? Why does everything have to be straight????

And, you know, maybe it's just the fact that I'm so asexual and pretty aromantic (might be demiromantic? Idk. I'm still lowkey confused on that) and I want to see representation. I've seen like 4 asexual novels here on wattpad and I'm like... why isn't there more???

But, seriously, why does every friggin thing have to be about romance? Romance is not always necessary in stories, you know. Who ever said it was?

I've not read a book yet where there is not one trace of romance between the two main characters or where the main character eventually falls in love with some person. And I dislike that. Why is romance the default?

Why?????

Ughhh.....

Welp. Lemme know if you agree or disagree. I'd like to know your thoughts and opinions too.

'Kay, bye
-Sabella