Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Alec is pretty surprised with how his day is turning out so far. He woke up this morning completely annoyed that he was pining over a man, but not just any man, a man whom he let his guard down for on Saturday night. Alec had so much fun talking and flirting with Magnus, which was something Alec had never done. He doesn't flirt, he usually gets what he wants for the night and leaves. He's not a relationship kind of guy. Ever since his fallout with his parents and his two previous relationships, Alec is very wary of entering another relationship. The way he sees it, if his own parents are willing to throw away a relationship with their only living son so quickly, any other relationship can crumble just as easily. Alec is still waiting on that shoe to drop with Clary and the Morgensterns. He loves each and every one of them, but he knows that their love and support for him won't last forever. How Magnus managed to worm his way through Alec's walls with one conversation, he'll never know. Then to top it all off, the guy tells him to call him, but gives him a fake number!

It wasn't until Alec saw Magnus at work today, that he realized just how pissed off he was about the entire situation. Of course, looking back on it, it really was a big misunderstanding. What Alec really couldn't believe was that it seemed that Magnus was just as pissed off about him not calling, as he was about getting a fake number. Then to make matters worse, Magnus is now working with Alec. How can they possibly consider any type of romantic relationship when they have to see each other at work everyday? Maybe this can be something they can discuss over drinks tonight.

Once their shift is over, Alec and Magnus head to the locker rooms to change out of their uniforms and into their street clothes. Alec usually doesn't carry a change of clothes with him unless it's his gym clothes, but he does have a set of clothes in his car from when he was supposed to have a guys' night with Jon a few weeks ago. Little did he know at the time, that the guys night would be cancelled due to Holly finding out that she was pregnant. Naturally, Jon wanted to spend the night with his wife and celebrate. Alec chances a glance at Magnus, and he nearly whimpers when he sees him in nothing but his boxer briefs. Alec immediately lowers his head and thinks of anything other than the gorgeous man a few feet away from him. With his back turned, Alec starts to change.

He quickly dons his black ripped skinny jeans, a gray Henley long sleeved shirt, and his old Chucks. It's not Alec's first choice of clothing to go out with this sexy Greek God of a man, but technically this isn't a date. This is just two coworkers going out to get to know one another on a more personal level. The date will come later. Alec stands up from the bench to see that Magnus is dressed and waiting for him. 'God that man is sex on legs!' Alec thinks as he smiles up at Magnus.

"You ready to go?" Alec asks as they make their way out of the locker room.

"Absolutely, blue eyes," is Magnus' response causing Alec to chuckle and shake his head.

"Lightwood! Bane!" Both men turn around at the sound of Chief's voice.

"Yes, sir?" they ask in unison.

Chief shakes his head for a moment. "I hope you two had a good first day, is there anything you need to report?" Chief asks out of curiosity.

"No Chief, Magnus did great on his first day," is Alec's confused response. Chief usually doesn't ask for progress reports on new employees.

Chief gives the men a mischievous smirk, "Alright, you guys have a good night and I'll see you both tomorrow morning." Alec tenses up, but nods anyway.

Once they are outside of the station, Alec guides Magnus over to his car. Magnus lets out a low whistle once they're seated. "Nice car Alexander," is Magnus' only comment.