Chapter 6 - Sustaining Pedal

(Three weeks later)
"Minho... Minho!" He immediately snapped out of his daydream.
"What?" He whined. He was tired, and his brain had completely shut down.
"You know I'm in chemistry until 4, right?" Minho nodded blankly, unsure of where Chan was going with that, "Wait for me in the music room after."
Minho's already blank expression became a look of pure confusion. He didn't know what Chan was doing, but he chose not to question it, and continued to his own class.

"I wanna show you something," Chan said, when he met Minho in the music room after school, "Listen."
Chan sat at the piano. It was an old piano, tired of years of inexperienced twelve-year-olds bashing the keys. He started to play something, then- to Minho's surprise- he sang. Chan never sang in front of anyone, not even Minho. The few times he had asked Chan to sing, it was always met with a polite refusal; he had always been worried what other people would think. But there he was, singing. His voice was beautiful. Not too soft, not too powerful. His Australian accent was faint, but still audible, which made Minho smile. It was perfect. He knew Chan wrote songs, and this appeared to be one of those compositions of his. The song told the story of a perfect boy, which caused a sour feeling to well up inside him. But the song was beautiful, despite that feeling it left him. Why would Chan hide such a talent?

Chan finished his song, and turned around to face Minho. "You've never danced in front of me, have you?" He said. Minho shook his head. Chan smiled, "Show me."

Minho had never been more nervous in his life. He was an amazing dancer, there was no doubt about that. But he, like Chan, wasn't all too confident his own talent, despite how many times his dance teacher complimented him. The very thought of performing in front of someone- especially without practice- scared him, and his breath hitched under the pressure. Chan noticed this. "Don't worry," he said softly, "You don't have to if you don't want to"
But Minho wanted to. He hated how he couldn't say no to him. But he had an idea. "Could we go to the dance studio?" he suggested. He would feel more comfortable there. There was little room to dance in the music room anyway.
"Of course." Chan replied sweetly. That smile, Minho thought. He swore to himself that the older could murder the whole of South Korea and get away with it. All because of that damn smile.

He didn't know what song he wanted, so he chose the one that he was dancing to the day Chan called him three weeks previous. It was a slow song, and he made sure that his movements were graceful, fitting in with the music. He was surprised that he managed to almost forget Chan's presence- dancing was one of the one of the only times he could.

It came to the end of the song, and Minho collapsed on the floor next to Chan. "How did you like that?" He breathed.
"Wow" was all Chan had to say in response.
"Is that all?"
"Well I don't know what else-"
"You're cute" Minho spoke his thoughts out loud without realising, and immediately regretted it. Shit, I fucked up, he thought, it's too soon. Chan looked up at him, wide-eyed, probably wondering where the hell that comment came from. Minho didn't know what came over him. Chan looked perfect in that moment, and Minho just couldn't fight his feelings off anymore. He pulled Chan towards him by the collar of his shirt and kissed him. He breathed in the scent of coffee, the scent that always lingered on Chan. It was like the day they 'practised' all over again- but better. Minho expected the older to push him away, so he was surprised when he didn't. Instead Chan kissed back, even daring to deepen the kiss, and Minho pulled away in surprise, catching his breath at the same time.
"So you heard it then?" Chan smiled. Minho looked at him blankly. That song was about him? No, it couldn't be.
"I wrote that song months ago," Chan said, "But then I noticed those things about you..." He trailed off, looking to the ground, not meeting Minho's eyes. Cute, Minho thought, before he finally gained the courage to speak. "I like you, Chan," he breathed, partly because of the dancing, but also as he was still recovering from the kiss. Then came the last answer he would expect from Chan. "I like you too, Minho," he replied, "A lot."

---

A/N: Not the end yet!!!
After this is finished, should I write a Changlix fic or Banginho again? Or both??? What do you guys think?