Was he really sassing me? 

"Excuse me? I'm the nicest person you know! And that's facts. No printer." 

"Yeah, that's what mean people say." he replied with a smirk. "We should go surfing as our last activity before we leave." 

My eyes widen a bit at his announcement and I immediately shook my head no. I was scared to death on that canoe and even the jet ski, no way was I risking my life surfing.

"Uh-uh. You should go surfing. Imma just watch from the shore." 

"C'mon Queenie. It's really fun, trust me." He argued and I just knew we would be this back and forth thing for a minute before we came to an agreement.

"Nope. I'm still recovering from yesterday's jet skiing and canoeing. Imma pass on this one."

"Please? With lace front on top?" He said making me bust out laughing.

"Chris you didn't just-"

"Yes I did so can we go? We won't stay for long. Just ride one wave." he pleaded giving me his best puppy dog eyes expression.

I sighed knowing that I'd agree eventually. "Okay. But I don't even know how to surf. "

"It's easy, plus I think there's an instructor doing it right now, further down the coast." He said quickly dowing his drink and standing up. I did the same and stood, somewhere in my mind was telling me this wouldn't end too good.

Chris.

 Maya and I stood in the line to rent the  surfboards so we could get started. The line was pretty long but it was to no suprise. The weather was perfect to ride the waves that hurriedly crashed against the shore. I've been surfing a few times back home and it was a thrilling experience to enjoy. I wanted Myah to experience it too.

"Chris this line is really long. Maybe we could try surfing some other time." Myah said' already turning to walk away but I grabbed her forearm before she could get any further.

"Nope. We're doing it Queenie. Look the line is already going up." I dragged her along as we got closer to the rental booth.

After two minutes of waiting it was finally our turn at the booth. I quickly paid for our gear and we made our way down to the shore where we would meet one of the instructors.

"This shit is so damn... heavy Chris!" I looked back to see Myah struggling to carry the board which wasn't that heavy, but her being my dramatic ass best friend she made a fuss.

"Queenie it's not even tha-"

"It is. I'm weak and fragile. You know that!" She whined.

"Okay, okay." I walked to her and put my board down. "Here hold the surfboard leashes and I'll carry the boards." I said taking up her board and mine with ease.

We finally made our way to where instructor was waited till he could attend to us. I looked at Myah who's gaze was fixed on the many surfers already out there on the water.

"See. It's easy and fun." I nudged her side.

"If I die Imma kill you."

"How if you're gonna be dead? And even I died too you still won't get the chance to kill me in hell."

"Wow. Really? Alright Christian." She walked away from me causing me to laugh. I couldn't help messing with her.

Just then a young man came walking towards us with a smile on his face. He must be our instructor not that I needed one but Myah was a newbie at this.

"Hey guys. I'm Carlos your surfing instructor. How are we doing today?" He said once he reached us. I didn't miss the once over he gave Myah once he approached. I brushed it off because he's not the first and definitely won't be the last. Myah was a sight for sore eyes.

"I'm Myah and I'm scared." Myah said while shaking his hand causing Carlos to laugh.

"Lemme guess, this your first time surfing?" He asked still holding Myah's hands in his.

"Yup."

" Well Myah there's nothing to be scared  about. It's really easy once you get the hang of it." Carlos stared at her giving her a flirty smile.  " And if you need any help that's why I'm here."

"Yeah thanks. Can we get started?" I rudely interrupted him. He dropped Myah's hand but still gave her glances.

"Uh yeah... Let's run through the basics first. Are you the only one who can't surf Myah or-"

"I can surf already." I replied maybe a little to gruff than I intended but I already knew I didn't like him.

"Right. Okay. We'll you can set up and wait while I set this beautiful lady here up." Carlos  smirked and flashed Myah a smile.

A smile that I wanted to ruin. With a punch. In his face.

I crouched to attach the surfing leash to my board and ankle quickly so I could help Myah with hers but Carlos beat me to it.

A wave of jealousy washed over me as I watched him help her. I knew he was doing his job but he was being extra with the constant touching even though it was just her foot. I rolled my eyes when he said something corny causing Myah to laugh.

Normally she was guarded around other males but here she was giggling to whatever lame ass joke he just said.

"Alright if we're all set. Let's run through the basics." Cornball said picking up his board.

"Okay so since you're a first timer I'm gonna demonstrate here before we try in the water. You wanna hold your board like..."

I drowned his voice out because I already knew how to surf. Myah was having some trouble in positioning herself on the board.

Yet, before I could even reach out to help her cornball stepped in and helped her. My fists clenched by my sides as he held her waist a little to firmly for my liking. He continued to touch on her body sneakily rubbing on her ass.

Myah immediately looked towards me a look of mixed emotions on her face. I quickly walked over to her and grabbed her from his prying hands gently.

"I think she can get it on her own."

"Hey man I was just trying to stabilize her. If y'all a couple or something I didn't mean any harm. Just doing my job." He raised his hand in surrender. "If you wanna teach her then go ahead. I don't want to cause any problems."

I took a moment sizing him up before turning to Myah.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm good...can we hurry and get this over with?" She replied but her voice sounded a little shaken up. I should beat his ass for getting her uncomfortable.

"I'll show her the rest. You could leave." I told the cornball and he shrugged and walked away.

"A little more of that and I would've punched him in the gut." I huffed still angry.

"It's okay Chris. I said I'm fine." She squeezed my arm and I felt my body relax a bit under her touch.

Shaking my head I helped Myah perfect her stance on shore before we headed into the water for the real thing.

Just a lil filler on their vacation till I get to the important parts. I needa hurry up and get to the good stuff. Don't wana drag this out too long.