Ch 21: Life goes on.

Holly's POV

I was actually enjoying myself living with Sherry. I was making good money, I was doing what I loved, and we had become really close. She cared about me, kind of like we were sisters. She made me go to the doctor for this baby, and being eighteen, I didn't have to tell my dad. She even convinced me to do senior year online, so that I wasn't considered a dropout. I was two months pregnant, still not showing, and things were going smoothly.

"Happy one month to us, happy one month to us, happy one month to usssssss," Sherry sang as she crawled into bed with me. She was awful, but I loved her. "And a billion more happy months."

The sun was peeking through the curtains, showing off the small chocolate cake she had just put down on my bed with two forks stuck in the top. "What's going on?" I laughed, rubbing my eyes.

"One month ago today at one-thirty AM, I took you off the streets and you've become my best friend," she explained. "And I think that's a reason to celebrate."

"You're a loser," I laughed, pulling her into a hug. "I love you."

"Love you, too," She smiled, digging into the cake.

What we didn't eat, we wrapped up and put in the fridge for later. She started making her daily fruit smoothie and yelled over the blender, "We should do something fun today!"

"Like what?" I yelled back.

We went to the mall. It was only a few minutes away and sort of a go-to-girl-thing. I wanted to buy some stretchy pants for when my tummy started growing, and Sherry said she needed new stellitos. After we got our necessities out of the way, we stopped for lunch in the food court. I got Chik-fil-a and Sherry got Subway.

We were laughing about something when I heard a familiar laugh, and I looked up to the TV hanging from the ceiling. It was Kels, doing some song with Wiz Khalifa. I couldn't believe it. He looked pretty much the same, only he was tatted up now. I choked on my fries, "That's him, Sherry, that's Kels!"

"No way," She gasped, turning around find him. "Where?"

"No, on the screen!"

Her jaw dropped, "No. Fucking. Way."

I wanted to cry. I also wanted to laugh. As much as he heart me, I was happy to see that he was doing a song with someone so big. He had a music video playing in a mall, and it was good, too. He deserved it. He also deserved to get hit by a bus, but I trusted that karma would take things one step at a time.

When we went home, I decided to do something different for my set that night. I dug to the bottom of the backpack I had arrived with two months before, pulling out a balled up piece of paper. It was the song I had written. Kels had put music to it, and the track was on my Sound Cloud. I went over the lyrics, feeling as if I had just written them yesterday.

For the first time since I had gotten there, I was nervous to preform again. Sherry assured me that I'd be fine. She thought the song was great and my voice made it better. She always knew just what to say, and I loved how her confidence rubbed off on me. I laughed, bowing formally and heading to the back.

I sat at my mirror, staring at myself. This was what I was mean to do, and I didn't need Kels. I was fine on my own. That was just me though. I had learned a little bit about independence in the few months before. This baby? That was a whole other story.

Kels' POV

Life wasn't exactly hard with Holly gone, but it sure as hell wasn't easy I focused on my music  25/8 and when I wasn't doing that, I was with her dad. He said I had picked up habits that she had and it was like having part of her around. Like when I ate or certain ways I worded thing, I don't know. I did all I could to make him feel better.

Holly was eighteen, so she was a legal adult. The police looked for her for a week, and found nothing but a new bus pass in Pennsylvania that had last gone to New Castle. We went down there and checked all the places she would even think to get a job at. The people we talked to at the pet stores, book stores, and fast food places didn't recognize her.

I remember the ride home, it was rough. Holly's dad didn't say anything for hours, and I didn't think I could say anything to make him feel better, so I kept my mouth shut. when we got back, he blinked tears away as he said, "She doesn't want to be found."

To say we all missed her was an understatement.

On a happier note, I was blowing up. I was doing collabs with everyone, putting together an album that would be out by the end of the summer. I decided to keep all my songs about Holly off of the CD, because I was saving them for later. There was a time and a place for everything, and it wasn't time for these songs to drop. I wanted to know she was okay first. I needed to know that she had a place to live and a steady job and she was finishing school. Then I'd throw a bunch of I miss you, you fucking bitch songs at her.

I just wished she'd call her fucking dad.