Chapter Thirty-Three.

Start from the beginning

He slowly peeled his eyes and he looked at Skyler then me. He gave me a small smile and held his hand up weakly. I put my hand in his and sat on the bed next to him, “Nice to wake up to see a beautiful face.” he said, reaching up and placed his hand on my cheek.

“How do you feel?” I asked.

He groaned, “Like I’ve been hit by a car.”

“You were.” Skyler said, sucking his tongue against his front teeth.

“I know.” Scott said, grinning. “But I just wanted to make sure, I can’t remember much.” He reached up to his neck brace and tugged a little, “Ugh, seriously? Skyler, can you get this thing off me?”

“No can do, man.”, Skyler said. “Not until we leave. You know the rule when we go into the hospital. We have to pretend we’re injured or they’ll be curious.”

“Come on, dude. My neck just sore and this is making my neck really stiff.” he said. “You’ll hear a nurse come by and we’ll just quickly put it back on—”.

Skyler shook his head, “Nope, deal with it until they release you.”

Scott glared at him, “You’re a dick, you know?”

Skyler grinned, “Nice to know you’re still the same. Thought that car might knock that sarcastic ass out of you.”

Scott began to curse him out, but I spoke, “Okay come on, your both pain of the asses.” I said.

Skyler rolled his eyes and Scott looked hurt—faking though. “You still love me though, right?” he asked, making those brown-golden eyes look like puppy dog eyes.

I smiled and nodded, “Yeah.”, I said. I lightly hit his chest, “But I should smack you for running into a rode. Haven’t you ever heard of looking both ways before crossing?” I sarcastically asked. “You scared me half to death Scott, never do that again? I thought I was going to lose you.” I said, frowning.

He frowned to, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

I wanted to have a minute alone with Scott. I looked up at Skyler, “Hey Sky, I was wondering if you could go get me a candy bar from the cafe.”

He looked confused, “We just ate not too long ago—oh, yeah, sure.” he said when I gave him a look to leave and understood I wanted alone time with Scott.

He turned and left the room.

I looked back at Scott, “Scott, do you remember anything from last night?” I asked.

He closed his eyes and his forehead wrinkle at trying to remember, “No, I can’t really. All I remember was running with Gabe and getting hit, but nothing else.” he said. He opened his eyes and looked at me, “Why? Should I remember something?”