Chapter 19

Mom's POV
I tried to stop Matt but he's not even listening.

"Don't come near me or else I will kill Dakota!", he said.

I moved. I'm afraid he'll probably do it.

He got the towel for Dakota and slowly moves out of the bedroom while still holding her. Still pointing a gun.

But then, I saw the cops quietly coming to our direction. Matt doesn't know about it because he's facing me while he's moving through the stairs.

The cops stayed on the first storey of the stairs while Matt keeps on moving while looking at me. I can't believe my son will turn out like this. I'm just so disappointed.

Matt has reached the 2nd storey of the stairs. One police suddenly shouted "DON'T MOVE!" then points the gun towards Matt's head.

"No, please don't shoot.", I said with frustration.

"Give us your gun and let her go, or else.", the policed said.

I saw Matt slowly gave the gun to the police. The other police just reached Matt's body to ensure that he has no other deadly weapons. He pushed Dakota and I immediately came down and grabbed her. She cried a lot while hugging me. I can feel her tears dripping on my shoulder. "Shh, don't cry. You're safe. I promise, even though he's my son, he'll pay for this. I'll make sure. Shh.", I said as I try to comfort her.

"We're gonna take him at our station. You know where it is. Come there if you're ready to state us what just really happened. Is it clear?", the police said.

"Yes.", Dakota replied.

The police peacefully took Matt out of our house. I can't believe this is happening.

"Are you calm now? Are you badly hurt? May I know what you are feeling rn?", I asked with full of concern.

"I'm calm now. I'm so sorry that I have to risk your son to go in jail. It's just that---,

I cut her words.

"It's alright. It's me who has to apologize for my son's deeds. You don't have to say sorry, there's nothing wrong with it. You just cried for help and we did. Okay? So now, I have to check on you, do you have wounds or what?", I asked.

"Do you really wanna know the story? Matt's hurting me since our relationship started. Oh I mean, after few weeks of our relationship, he became so insane.", she said.

"Why didn't you tell me?", I asked.

"Because I'm afraid you're gonna side with Matt and one more thing, he never introduced me to you. There was also a time, he got me pregnant. I'm just so afraid of him that's why I decided to have an abortion.", she said.

Those words hurt me so much. I can feel it as a mother.

"Oh my god. I'm really sorry.", I said while crying.

"We broke up to cool off. He came back and I gave him a chance. He said he's really changed. I really thought.", she said while crying.

I am really ashamed of Matt.