She Can't Fight Her Fate

Start from the beginning

It’s not that my friends were trouble makers; they just like to have a good time. And sometimes that wasn’t always a good thing. I was enjoying the scenery of the school when I heard someone calling me.

"Yo, Autumn! What are you doing over there all alone? Why did you text me when you got to school? We could have hung out or something." My best friend Grace said, as she put her arms around me and in a hug.

"Oh yeah, my bad. I got up late and my phone didn't charge last night. I kind of forgot to plug it in. I was too busy reading." I said, slowly standing up where I had once been sitting.

"Girl, when are you ever going to put down the books and have some real fun! I mean I love you, but come on, live a little." Grace said, looping my arm through hers.

We made our way to the main building. As we walked into the school, students filled the halls of their high school. I sighed as we heard all the morning gossip, spreading around like wild fire.

“Ugh, I really don't wanna go to math class." I whined.  

"Really, Autumn? Is that all you can think about? Going to math class? I mean, seriously, haven't you heard?” Grace told me with a serious face.

"Have I heard what? What's the latest drama now?" I said, without really caring.

"Oh no. I know that tone in your voice. You know what? You can just find out all by yourself." Grace said, giving me the death stare.

"Ha, okay. You know, it’s not nice to stare at your best friend like that." I said.

"Well, it’s not nice to be mean to your best friend so we’re even.” She said with a smile.

"Uh huh. See you at lunch.” I said, as we went our separate ways.

As I was walking up the stairs, something dawned on me. I was going to be late to class. And Mr. Jackson’s math class was one class you did not want to be late to. I let out a frustrated groaned as I took off to class. In my rush to not be late, I didn’t notice the door open or the guy walking out.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there.” I said, trying to be polite to the person that had just ran into me.

 "Whatever." He said, rolling his dark brown eyes.

What a jerk. I huffed as I picked up the rest of her belongings and headed to my seat. As I walked into the classroom, Mr. Jackson was staring me down, silently telling me to hurry up and get to my seat.

The minute my butt hit my seat, I could hear everybody whispering about what just happened. I didn’t pay any attention to them. I just opened my math book and looked at the board with the assignment posted on it. All of a sudden Mr. Jackson was making an announcement to the class.

“Everyone, I would like you to meet our new student. His name is Logan Knight.”

All the girls were staring at him. To them, he was fresh meat and they couldn't wait to sink their teeth into him. Literally.

“Logan, why don't you go and sit next to Autumn? She’ll help you get caught up with your assignments.” Mr. Jackson mumbled, looking right at me.

He directed Logan where to sit and I rolled my eyes. This guy who had just knocked me over on the floor is now my new math buddy.  For the rest of class, I tried to show him where we were in class, but he seemed more interested with flirting with girls in the classroom actually doing his work.

When the bell rang, I went to my next class, which happened to be history. And just my luck, Logan was in class is well. That’s how it was for the rest of the day. He had almost every single class with me, but one, which was band.

I decided to skip lunch. I really didn't want risk running to him again. It was getting really annoying. Before I knew it, I found myself in my last class of the day, band. We went over some simple marching drills and music rehearsals for the day. I sighed, knowing we had a concert that was coming up soon.

"Let's try it again, but this time try to keep up. Someone's always late on the downbeat. We need to be together." I said in a frustrated tone.

I was really just taking out all  my frustration from the day on out them. It wasn't the nicest thing to do, but, oh well, they will get over it.

“That was better, but let’s try it one more time, okay, guys?” I said trying to get the drum line to listen to me.  

“Can’t we just get over it? Can we just do it at practice? There's only 2 minutes to the bell rings.” Ashley asked me. I could tell by the look in her eyes she was hoping that I would say yes.

“No because I won't be here for after school practice. Let's just try it one more time.” I said with a smile. Soon we ran through the song and it was  perfect.

“Good job guys see you all tomorrow and Jonathan, you’re in charge for practice tonight. I'll call you later to find out how it all went.” I said walking out the music building without even giving Jonathan a second to respond.

As I was walk out of the music hall I could hear someone calling me.

"Hey Autumn! Where you going? Aren't you going to band practice or do you wanna hang out with me and the guys?" Grace shouted from the other side of the hall.

“Sorry but I can't. I have to go home. My mom wanted me to come home right after school. We have people coming over or something.” I said looking really sad.

“Okay have fun text me later.” Grace said to me as I waved goodbye to her.

As I was walking home, it felt like someone was following me or something. I shrugged my should but didn’t think anything of it. A lot of people lived by my house. It had to have just been someone else walking home as well right? I put in my headphones and started listening to music that way no one would bug me.

When I finally reached my house, I noticed there was a black car in the driveway along with my mother’s silver car. I walked inside and yelled to my mom that I was home. I walked immediately to my room and changed into some skinny jeans, a green top and put on some black flats. I could hear my mother yelling for me to come down and meet our guest.

 As I walked out of my bedroom and into the living room, I could hear my mother talking to a man. My mother told me to introduced myself

“Hello it’s nice to meet you. I'm Autumn.” I said with a smile “Nice to meet you too. I'm Steven” the man said in reply.  Just as I was about to open my mouth with a response, the front door open and I couldn't believe my eyes do was walking in to my house.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author note hope everyone like the first chapter. Things will get better as the story goes on this is all also my first story i have ever posted so please be patient with me i will get better at this as i go along. i would like to dedicate this chapter to my best friend you know who you are and thank you for putting with me. well enjoy the story <3 kris