Chapter 2

Pidge POV

We finally got to a secluded part of the beach. Today was Matts birthday and our first official date. I smile to myself at the present I got for him. He wouldn't believe it!! Its a bright blue gem that looks like one half of the yin and yang symbol, but blue.(Duh. X3) Matt turns to smile at me. I grab his hand and put the gem in his palm gently. He looks at it before looking up at me. He pulls me into a tight hug and smiles into my shoulder."Thanks Katie.." He whispers. I smile back and pet his head gently, giggling."You're welcome, Matt." He pulls away and pulls off his shirt and pants."C'mon! Lets go swimming!!" I smile and nod as I have my swim suit on under my clothes. I pull my shirt and long shorts off and go to follow him as hes already in the water, gem sitting on the shore by the water. Just as I get close there's this huge wave. I back up, as to not fall over. Matts face turns to horror as he realizes its washing the gem I had given him away. He dives in the water to get it. I stand there, worried for him. After a few minutes I see him resurface, gem in hand. I smile as he swims back to shore. He coughs a bit and grabs his nose soakes clothes. It was starting to get a bit dark. I then noticed the sunset and pointed it out. We stayed long enough to watch that before leaving. On the way back to his place, which Coran was letting me stay at as long as he got to sleep on the couch.(Corans most parentssss!!) Once home we decided to head to bed. Matt went to his room and I went to the guest room across the hall.

~Time Skip~ Matt POV

I woke up in the middle of the night, my throat dry. I stretch and yawn as I stand up to go get some water. On my way back up the stairs, glass in hand, I trip and fall at the top of the steps, my water spilling all over me. I yelp a bit, my eyes wide as I realized I hurt my wrist. I checked it over and played it off as I just fell on it. I got to stand up, but find I can't stand. I get scared that I did something, but when I look as am scared that I no longer have legs, but instead a tail. A fish tail. I screech and turn around wildly as a hear a door open behind me. I see Katie staring at me wide eyed before gently pulling me to my room."What happened?!" She whisper yelled once inside my room. I shrug."I-i just fell and then had this tail..." She sighs, pinching her nose with her thumb and index finger."Alright..I-I'll figure out what happened...but how are we-" She stops mid sentence as I begin to feel weird."What?" She points towards my, new, tail."M-Matt...the tail.." I turn and look to see it turning back to legs.