I Miss You (Troyler oneshot)

Troye's POV

     "Only three months until Playlist and then we can spend every day together!" I said to Tyler, trying to cheer him up.

     "I know, and I can't wait! I just miss you."

As those words left his lips I felt my heart break a little more.

     "I miss you too Ty, I miss you too." I sighed and glanced at my phone. "Hey, I have to go. Some family thing that I was forced in to attending. Skype tomorrow?"

     "Of course TroyeSivan! The answer to that question will always be yes! Have fun being social while I sit here and watch another season of Dance Moms!" He cracked a smile that too anyone else would look perfectly normal but knowing him so well I could see the trace of sadness behind it.

"Love you Tilly!"

"Love you TroyeSivan!"

        And with that I was staring at a blank computer screen. I wish we never had to say goodbye. Soon enough I was forced out of my natural habitat (my bedroom curled in blankets scrolling through tumblr) and found myself deep in thought as we traveled in the car.

        It's crazy how three simple words can bring about such conflicting emotions.

                          I miss you.

        That's all it took to make my heart ache, both in happiness and in sadness. I would find myself relieved because it showed that I meant something to him, that I wasn't just an ordinary person in his life. Happy because I knew he really meant it and wasn't just reciting it because he felt the need to. Finally, and worst of all, I would end up sad. Those three words were said for a reason: because we weren't together. Every time we said goodbye I was reminded of the fact that we live halfway around the world from each other. I couldn't just drive to his house or go to dinner with him. We couldn't do the normal things best friends do. And it didn't seem fair.

        It has been three months since we've seen each other in person. THREE MONTHS. And it will be another three long, lonely months before I can be face to face with him again. I don't know if I can do it. This is tearing me apart. Each phone call, each text, each Skype date rips away a piece of my heart. Little by little I was breaking and the only person who could put me back together was Tyler. And I know for a fact he feels he same way. I see it in his eyes and behind his smile every time we talk. I have to do something, anything to fix this.

        I began brainstorming ideas when it hit me. No, not some genius plan to put together my broken heart. A question that changed everything.

  Why in the heck do I care so much?

        Because he's my best friend. But I knew that wasn't the right answer. Sure it would make sense to miss your best friend ever when you live so far away but it shouldn't hurt as much as it does. So why is Tyler so different? When he says "I miss you" why does it feel like my heart has been punched? And suddenly it was as if the sky opened up and the answer floated down (actually more like down poured) onto my face.

        My head snapped up and smacked the window with extreme force. "OW!!" I shouted. My whole family looked at me confused. "Sorry, the stupid window was in the way of my face." That made them laugh and stopped them from asking me questions. The epiphany that I had come to was this: I liked Tyler. I liked him way more than I thought I did and in way I never thought possible. That is why I was so torn apart. That is why I couldn't stand being apart from him. Now that I had everything straightened out it was time to make a plan.

        I wasn't sure if he felt the same way about me but I have learned that life is too short to miss an opportunity. I had to come up with a way to explain this to him and just have hope that the rest would work out. I felt a smile creep onto my face as we pulled up to our destination. I had the prefect idea.