The Prince finished off like he did before, imagining Phoenix in his arms. His hair flown back, his eyes that pulled him in. Something about Phoenix made Prince Cormac wanted to be in his presence. With such a way, there's no way anyone would refuse his helping hand. The Prince liked that and it made him wonder if people would do the same. Did he posses such a air that would make people gravitate towards him?.

"I met him again," Prince Cormac said as he steadied himself. The smile not once breaking from his face.

"The boy you spoke about the last time?" Iker said, watching the prince grin stupidly.

Prince Cormac nodded, "He's amazing Iker," he said in high praises. "I've only met him twice, but I can tell he's strong. He likes helping people and....he's mighty." he concluded unable to find the words he wanted to say.

Iker listened as the Prince spoke of the boy fondly again. "Pardon me, but I think you're infatuated with this boy your highness." Iker tried not to think of how thinks would developed. He had no worries of his own in the Prince sudden relationship with the boy from Area Fifteen. He had worries for the prince and the king catching word of it.

"I'm not sure if I am." the Prince said unsure of what he felt. "I just like being in his presences. Plus he's a rather handsome boy." Iker didn't know how to reply. He has never heard the prince talk of anyone so fondly. Not even Princess Ximera, only her skilled bow and arrow techniques he bought about.

The Prince would talk about her beauty but never in such a way. This was new for Iker. Prince Cormac started laughing, earning a puzzled look from Iker. "What's so funny, your highness?"

"I just recalled how you told me to refrain from talking about anything except your duties." Prince Cormac said. "It seems we both forgot."

Iker remembered his own words. "Its fine now." he said. The Prince had promised not to say a word to King Rhett. "I was just overreacting at the time. My apologies."

"Are you not going to tell me what happened?" Prince Cormac asked as Iker looked away. "You said we weren't friends." I still consider you my friend. "I still want to help if I can. I'm not giving you any special treatment. I have to take a small step before I can take the burden of many."

Prince Cormac remembered phoenix words. That he will outstretch an helping hand even if they didn't ask. Iker was someone important to him.

"I won't tell you." Iker concluded. "I don't think you'll believe me. I'll handle it on my own." I'll tell you one day, just not now.

Prince Cormac looked away, frowning as he thought Iker didn't trust him enough. It placed a dent in his jolly mood. "Is that so," he replied in a low tone. "Just know that I'm always here." he gave Iker his cheeriest of smile, trying to hold back any kind of sad emotion.

Iker felt as if he had done something wrong. It was just that he didn't know the Prince's opinion of the king, of his father. "I'm sorry." he apologized.

Prince Cormac walked over to Iker, placing a hand on his shoulders. "I'll forgive you if you come to The Moonlight festival that happens each year in the Laqum Kingdom." he said. "If you refuse, I'll have to punish you." Iker flinched at the word punish, even when he knew the type of punishment the Prince always gave him. "Either way you'll have to come."

"You're giving me special treatment again your highness." Iker spoke.

"It's not special treatment if I'm punishing you." Prince Cormac said. "I know how much you enjoyed the last visit. You'll be able to see Etta again."

Iker sighed. It wasn't a bad idea to see Etta again. He had grown fond of her. Experiencing the Moonlight Festival would be a great experience for Iker. "You should take a bath your Highness." Iker said, knowing the Prince has won in his favour.

"You'll have fun." Prince Cormac said before rushing off to the bath.

-

The man sat in his cell, biting the last of his nails. His overgrown beard and hair made him look twice his age. A rat nibbled on the stale bread he had for days, months, he wasn't sure at this point. He hasn't seen the light of day in ages. The brick walls and darkness was all he knew after he said what he had to King Rhett. It was stupid of him to utter something like that without much thought or a plan when he was in the Kingdom of Seridina and not his own Kingdom.

He wondered if his brother was looking for him. Or if they already claim him as dead. What happened to his daughter, was she still alive and well? He was starting to give up hope until that night. The night King Rhett bought that boy and gave him a beating. It pained the man to witness something like that and not be able to help. To think a strong man that stood with the strongest of Kingdom was reduced to skin and bone.

The boy became his last hope. Grateful that he made it out alive. The man hoped that the boy wasn't stricken by fear. That he could help him return home.

-

Prince Cormac laid on his bed. Unable to sleep as he wished the new day would come so he could go to Area Fifteen. He turned in his bed, looking at his hands that was burnt with the touch of Phoenix.

"I wont forget my goal." He reminded himself. "No matter how off leading Phoenix may be."

👑