"Of course, I'm glad you finally made a decision.. Be there in five!" I didn't wait for her answer and hung up on her. I just grabbed my coat, boots and my mom. "Where are we going?"

"We're picking up Melissa." She immediately opened the door and hopped onto the car as I started driving to Melissa's place.

÷÷÷÷

I stopped in front of the hell gates, by gates i mean the door of the house. I heard a loud thud which made me try to open the door but it was locked. "Damn, I thought.. y-you want me gone.. Now I'll go, why won't y-you just set me free?" I heard Melissa struggling to speak. I decided to take a peak on the window but wishing I shouldn't have done at all.

Patricia was choking Melissa who was coughing blood. Melissa was too weak to move, probably got beaten too much. I couldn't take it any longer. I kicked the door hard a few times and barged in. I don't care if I was rude for a moment. I made sure to knock loudly before barging in.

Patricia turned around then my eyes were suddenly met with a pair of dilated ones. They seem crazy and psychotic.

"And who is this Melissa? You're knight in shining armor? Or worse, your girlfriend?! Did you really think that a girl that size could save you?!" Melissa mouthed for me to go, but I shook my head no. Well, thanks to Patricia for insulting my body. I know I look weak because I'm thin, and that's the reason I did taekwondo when I was younger.

I approached her then kicked the knife off her hand, giving her a high kick on the head. I didn't want to do this in front of Melissa, but I had to save her. The grip on Melissa was loosened, I told her to get her things while I knock her mom out. Making sure she couldn't hurt anybody here.

My mom came in and saw the chaotic place. "Where's Melissa?" She asked her eyes searching for Melissa everywhere. "Upstairs mom.. And mom can you help her with her things? I just can't leave this potential murderer here.." Mom nodded quickly and went upstairs to help Melissa.

I remembered the knife earlier and I'm not one of those stupid people in movies where they leave everything unattended. So I picked up the knife and threw it on the bushes. I turn around and I saw Patricia moving so I quickly punch her face knocking her off one more time.

Mom and Melissa were running downstairs. I followed after them and carried Melissa's bags for her. "Thank y-you so much auntie and Skye.. I wouldn't have asked so much if she hadn't pointed a gun to my head.." Wow. I just couldn't believe it, even mom has this mixed anger, sympathy, pained look on her face.

How can a m-mother do such inhuman things to her own child?

"Let's get you treated.." Is what my mom said before driving to the hospital.

×××

I am currently waiting for Melissa to wake up. Melissa is lying on the bed in this four walled room with beeping machines. The door opened and my mom came in.

"What? Is she alright?" I ask while my hands were on top of Melissa's. "The doctor said she has to stay here for a day.. She broke a rib but other than that, everything's fine.." I just nodded and let my gaze fall on Melissa's bruised face. "I still can't believe it.. How can she endure the pain for three years?" My mom said as she shook her head in utter disbelief. "I know mom, I know.. I've asked myself the same question over and over yet I get no answer.." I felt Melissa's hand moving between my hands.

"Mom, mom, mom! I think she's waking up!" Melissa's eyes lazily opened and looked around the room. "No.. I don't want to.." She grumbled before her eyes were fully opened. "You always say that.. Do you get the same nightmares?" I ask then our identical eyes finally met. "Where am I?.. I can't remember anything except for my mom.. beating me up.." Patricia has a great daughter, she just can't see that or maybe she's mentally ill.

"Speaking of, what should we do about your mom? Shouldn't we sue her? I'd do it for you, Mels.." My mom spoke as she caressed Melissa's forehead with her thumb. "D-do.. Whatever suits her.." My mom left and excused herself to make a phone call.

"Skye.. I think my dad is alive.." What? I look at her as if she said the most impossible thing in the world. "How? And if he was, do you think he will let you suffer under the hands of your mother?" I doubted believing her, her father's death is the reason her mom beats her. "That's what I wanna know.. So tomorrow, we'll go to this school called Maximilian University or something.." Melissa stated, like she's not weak right now or something.

"Melissa.." I started as I stand up to sit beside her. "You can't leave until tomorrow night.. We will do it the next day okay? When you're in good state..." Her eyes widened after I spoke. "Tomorrow?! Night?!" She exclaimed and I just nodded. "Well, it's Friday today right?" I gave her a short nod, again. She sighed in relief.

"Wait, you said that you don't own a phone.. So how did you call me?" I ask while she let out a chuckle. "Phone booth babe, I used some of my savings and oh my god, I have to work tomorrow! Can you please lend me your phone?" I grabbed my phone from the table and hastily hand it to her.

"Hello? Good evening Maam Beatrice?? This is Melissa speaking.." I think Melissa is speaking with her boss on her part time job or something.

"I'm afraid I can't go to work tomorrow... I've been admitted to the hospital for a day and I will leave on Saturday night.. but I'll be there by Sunday.. Sunday afternoon? Is that possible? Yeah, I'll take her shift if that's fine with you... Yeah, because I have a business to take care of on Sunday morning.. Yes.. Yeah.. Yes.. Thank you ma'am, thank you.. Okay... Goodbye, have a nice evening!" She hung up then returned the phone to me.

"Mels.. I told mom that you'll be living with us.. And she's okay with it..." I pause for a moment, giving her time to sigh in relief. "Now.. All we have to see is, if dad-" the door opened, cutting what I was telling Melissa.

"Melissa dear! What happened to you?! You look like you just got into a fight!" My dad came running into the room to check on Melissa. "He.. Hello uncle Vito.." Melissa greeted as she grinned sheepishly while my dad went closer to her. "Uncle.. I.. I have to..-" Melissa got cut off before she could finish her sentence. "Yeah I know, I know.. Don't worry about a thing now.. Me and your aunty are taking care of all things.." Both me and Melissa sighed in relief after dad has said that.

"But, why didn't you tell us sooner? We could've done something! Now look at her.." Dad stated as his palm made contact with his forehead. I knew it, I shouldn't have doubted my dad. Well, I'm glad that he allowed Melissa to live with us. We're not really rich, but I know that Melissa is like another daughter, second child of our family. I'm glad that Melissa will finally get the chance to live peacefully starting from now on. I'm happy that I am part of that change.

Melissa will finally be free from all the abuse she had been going through for three years. I really hope that this will continue.

°°°°