Chapter 1: Ratatouille with Extra Parmesan

Ellie entered Gordon's Dish with the intention of applying for a job as a chef. She marched up to the counter and told an employee (Lionel) that she was interested in the new job opportunity that opened up.

Angry yelling came from somewhere in the kitchen of the restaurant and Ellie peered in through a tiny window. "I don't want anymore d**n monkey business from everyone!" A man's voice carried out into the entire dining area.

He burst through the swinging doors and Lionel went up to the man, informing him of Ellie's arrival. "This girl wants to be a chef, sir," Lionel said.

"I'm not in the mood for your jokes, Lion!" The frustrated British man shouted. Lionel shamefully looked at the floor, not bothering to correct his boss that his name was, in fact, not Lion. The British man had hired him five years ago and somehow Lionel's name was never pronounced the correct way.

"Actually," Ellie piped up, "it's not a joke. I'm the girl that wants to be a chef."

The entire restaurant went silent and even a record scratching could be heard even though a record player did not exist in Gordon's Dish. The British man pointed at Ellie, then laughed. "You? A chef?"

Ellie blushed from embarrassment. The entire restaurant laughed along with the man, but it wasn't because they thought this was funny, they just didn't want to die at the hand of a foreign man.

The British man continued, joking along with Lionel who was nervously giggling. "I am Gordon, THE Gordon. What makes you think you're fit for this career? At a five star restaurant?"

Ellie had no words. She was too shocked to even say anything because she was standing in front of Gordon Ramsey. She had watched Kitchen Nightmares and all of the above and she was completely starstruck.