nine.

CHLOE WAS NOW STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF SAM AND BUCKY FEELING UNEASY

CHLOE WAS NOW STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF SAM AND BUCKY FEELING UNEASY. After Steve had said she would be going with them, her heart felt like it dropped to the pit of her stomach. She didn't want to be stuck with two people who had undeniable tension and could barely say a nice thing to each other. She looked between the two as if she was studying them before Bucky yanked her towards him, dodging a pole that was right in the middle of where she was walking. Chloe gave him a glare before she looked and saw the pole, sending an apologetic look his way afterwards.

"You run fast?" Sam asked as the three sped walk towards the terminal. They were getting closer and Chloe looked out the window to see Steve-Captain America-talking with who she guessed were other Avengers.

"Best damn runner my track team in high school had." She replied as she looked forward only stealing glances at the two men on each side of her.

"Good, we're splitting up to keep you safe. Barnes and I will keep going straight, you run to the side and make it to where the chopper is. Create a distraction if I call for you." Wilson ordered at the girl. They shared a look before she nodded and watched as they both started to run ahead. She took a quick glance outside the windows to see a fight happening making her start to run where Wilson had told her to. She dodged most things as she ran and took another glance to see someone crawling on the glass making her furrow her eyebrows. From the impact in the window she ducked from shards of glass coming her way and hid behind a stand for protection until she knew it was all clear to keep going. The only place she could run was towards where Bucky and Sam were fighting the strange person in a red and blue suit making her have a slight panic moment. Chloe had an ear piece in so that she could communicate with Sam if she needed to, and that moment seemed like one.

"Chloe, I need you to keep going towards the chopper. Don't stop at any chance. Everyone will create a diversion for you to get there, and hide." Chloe heard more glass break making her come from behind the stand she was hiding behind. She searched around not seeing Barnes and Wilson anywhere making her walk towards the ledge upon seeing the broken glass. She looked down seeing them tied to the ground making a smile play on her face as both of them looked at her.

"Little webbed up?" Chloe laughed at her own saying making them roll her eyes. Something she could tell they did without even seeing them do it.

"Just go get safe." Bucky called out to her making her shrug and back up. She started her jog towards the chopper which soon enough made her realize she had no idea where she was going without having anyone with her.

"Sam, I have no idea where I'm going." When she didn't get a reply, she stopped in her tracks hearing grunts through the ear piece. Instantly she made her way towards the windows and scanned the area trying to look for them. She saw Steve standing in front of the person she had never seen or heard of at all. They weren't fighting, but whatever the person in the red and blue suit was, was holding up something over his head as Steve jogged away from him. "Okay, so, Cap. I have no idea where I'm going."

"Follow your gut, Ellis." He muttered under his breath as she jogged back towards the fight. Chloe rolled her eyes and started to run the same direction she had been running before she stopped and observed the fight. It was out of the ordinary to have a civilian helping out the Avengers especially with this type of thing. Stark and his team had no idea about the girl who was still running in the terminal, or so she hoped. She heard a crash come from somewhere in front of her making her halt to a stop.

Her eyes started to scan the area frantically, but before she could say anything, a woman's voice came from beside her. "Thought no one knew about you?" Chloe turned her head to meet the eyes of a redheaded woman who held out a dagger pointed towards her. She sighed and rose her eyebrow as she watched her intently.

"You wouldn't kill a civilian would you?" She spat back as she turned fully so that her body was facing the girl instead of just her head.

"Steve told me about you a while back. I decided against telling Stark and the rest of our side not knowing if you were even here. I saw you watching the fight resulting in me showing up. You shouldn't be here, Chloe." Natasha said not moving the dagger away from the blonde. Chloe's eyes searched Natasha's when they heard something come from the side. They glanced at each other before turning to where the noise came from. Both Natasha and Chloe broke out into a run towards the sound when suddenly Natasha wasn't next to her anymore. She froze before she looked around for the girl, then remembering that she had powers unlike herself. Chloe tried to go fast, but careful on the escalators so that she wouldn't fall down the stairs when she saw a door that looked like it led to outside. She pushed herself more towards the door when she busted through it, tumbling to the ground. A small whimper came from her as she arched her back off of the ground and turned to her side. She lifted herself up with one arm and moved the blonde hair out of her face to take in what was happening. "Holy hell." She muttered at seeing all of the explosions happening.

Out of defeat, she pushed herself back down to the ground. She closed her eyes from being exhausted after running and let the sounds of the fighting take her mind into a different place.

author's note
i hate writing this part right now, but this book is coming to an end!!!! but you shall not fear for i already have a second book in my drafts that will NOT follow any movies. it will be my own au and i am very excited for you to read it.