Chapter 2 - New Addition

"What? Who are you? Who's this 'Boss'?" I ask. She shakes her head and giggles.

"Lying isn't gonna get you outta here today. I won't forgive what you did last time. Your group ruined my society. We made a perfect place. Then you all destroyed it. Crumbled the place and ruined it. I can't let you leave, instead, I'm going to take you two out, so he gets the message." she says, placing two rounds into the shotgun.

"We don't even know who you are! Let alone what happened to your group! Does it look like we could attack everyone we know?" I reason. She looks to the ground, probably wondering. I see the master bedroom door open, and Kacey walks out, right into the middle of everything, a white towel covering her body.

"Jay, have you got the lasagna in the oven yet? I'm starved." Kacey says, wrapping a towel around her hair. The woman aims the gun at her, unsure what to say.

"Woah, woah! Put the gun down!" she cries, as the woman lowers the gun slightly.

"What're you doing in my house?" the woman cries, walking away from Zach, and into the kitchen.

"What're you making?" she asks, her voice cracking slightly. She places the gun on the table.

"I was making lasagna, we're starved, and we've lost plenty of people." Kacey explains, looking at Zach.

"Is he a Goner?" the woman asks, looking miserable. I nod my head.

"Let me finish it." the woman says, snatching the gun from the table.

"No, no! We're going to keep him until the very end." I say, as Kacey slips into one of the smaller bedrooms, and comes out, freshly clothed.

"Are you sure? If you're all going to stay here, he has to stay somewhere he won't be able to get us," the woman says, pointing her gun outside, "like the shed. We can lock him in there, and give him food and all that."

"Thanks." Zach says sarcastically.

"There's a couch, and you can take all the books you want from the study." she says, placing her gun back on the table. Zach sprints down the hall, into the study.

"Why didn't you trust us, who's the 'Boss'?" Kacey asks, taking the apple from the table, and sitting down.

"I was apart of his group, like just about every other person I had with me here, but we left."

"Why?" Kacey asks.

"Because he started to kill people. We left because we were afraid he'd turn on us. So we came back to our old base. Few Goners, but it was easy to take back."

"Why are there bodies everywhere outside?" Kacey asks.

"He killed him. We snuck out, he got pissed off and sent out small groups to kill us all. We lasted pretty long, they'd waste all their bullets and leave, but he came along too, and he killed everyone. He brought the remainder of his team to attack, and he won. He killed eighteen people. I was out scavenging for supplies, and he thought he'd killed everyone. He didn't take anything, and I dunno why, but he killed everyone." she explains.

"Sorry. Looks like you've had it worse."

"What?"

"At least you didn't have someone die, trying to find you a birthday gift." Kacey says, taking a bite of her apple again.

"Oh. Well, you're welcome to stay here, but you gotta follow my rules. I'm Sam." she adds.

"Well, Sam, nice to meet you, hope you don't mind that I took a shower and changed, my old clothes are dirty and smell like a dump. I haven't had a proper shower in ages."