Remnants of Invasion

The city was under siege. Aliens roamed the streets, monsters flew through the skies and dead bodies numbered in the thousands. A certain (h/c) headed boy was seemingly at the center of it all. Everywhere he looked all he could see was destruction. There was simply no way to avoid it and nowhere to run. New York was at ground zero. He heard a radio playing nearby but all he could make of the noise were the words "nuclear bomb." He hoped his deepest fears would not come true. He did not want to die, not yet at least and as explosions went off around him, he found himself separated from the group of people he was with and now was all alone on a wrecked street. 

          Although he hoped to escape danger it found him soon enough as he began to hear the sounds of deformed creatures lurking around. His thoughts were instantly shifted as the ground below him began to shake and as the boy looked up much to his dismay, debris from a nearby building was falling down towards him. His legs began to feel weak and he was paralyzed by fear. Knowing death was close the teen knew running was impossible but he was instantly pushed down to the ground and was covered with a shield. He was now disoriented but as he looked upon his saviour all he could see was a big silver star etched on a man's brightly coloured uniform. The man then began to talk to him but he heard nothing and as his saviour left all the boy could remember was his vision fading to black.

          When he awoke, all around him lay devastation. He could barely comprehend the magnitude of what happened. New York was utterly destroyed. As he began to call out for help none came. Then, out of nowhere, a man appeared. He was followed by more men that began to emerge from behind wrecked cars and debris. They were dressed in super militaristic clothing and so the young minded boy thought that he was being approached by soldiers. 

"Help, please help me!" he shouted as he ran towards the approaching group. Little did he know what was coming for as soon as he began to run towards the men they began to draw their weapons and pointed them at him. When the boy realized what was going to happen he immediately switched directions and started to run as fast as he could.

          Bullets began to rain around him as the men fired their various weapons. Then, as he dived for cover, the (h/c) headed boy was hit in the leg by shots aimed at him. He screamed out in pain but silenced himself when he noticed that the men were listening out and tracking him. He ducked behind cars and soon found himself inside what was left of a nearby café but what caught his eyes as he entered was pure horror. "...Mike. Oh God!Mike!" Laying in front of him was his best friend who he thought he had lost hours earlier. It was a miracle but a short-lived one as Mike lay on the floor of the café unconscious and in a pool of blood. The boy ran to his friend's side and tried to revive him...but it was too late. Mike was dead.

          Unfortunately, the (h/c) headed boy was also losing blood too as a bullet was lodged in his left leg. The pain was unbearable and he had never felt anything like it before. He knew that he had to tend to the wound sooner or later as an infection could and would occur but first he needed to move as his assailants were still on his tail as he heard them in the distance. Some were screaming orders at some and others were hastily searching for something or someone. Survivors perhaps but sadly it was a futile attempt to escape their clutches because as soon as the boy got up he was instantly knocked unconscious again as one of the henchmen found him and incapacitated him. The man threw the teen over his right shoulder and placed him inside a human-sized container. This was placed inside a fake ambulance and it sped off and soon the boy's frail body was being carried far away from civilization.

          When he awoke, he was strapped to a table and found himself only in his underwear. Bright lights shone on his face, the blinding white light hurting his eyes. Standing a few feet away from him was a man that was glaring at him. He was dressed similarly to doctor and once he realized that his patient had awoken he knew his job had truly begun. His first question was "Can you remember who you are?"

"Yes, I think so," the teen replied softly.

"Good, very good," the doctor said sinisterly and again asked, "If so, what is your name?"

The boy took a few seconds and then replied, "My name...my name is (f/n)...(f/n)(l/n)..."