Chapter Two

Even though I was quite a distance away from them, I could still see the two people standing in front of the newsagent's clearly. Very clearly. I saw what easily had to be the hottest guy on the planet.

No kidding.

His tall figure was leaning over the newspaper stand, laughing at something the person beside him said. And that person, just happened to be Leah. Yes. My Leah.

As the guy straightened up, I got a clearer view of his features. He had midnight black hair that casually- and very attractively- fell over his eyes. As I closed them, I could see that he had very cute dimples on either cheek.I bit my bottom lip. His sun kissed skin had a faint glow to it, and I could see that he was very fit. His biceps bulged through the white t- shirt he was wearing. His dark denim jeans slung on his hip, giving him a very nice fit.

He's new around here. He must be. I wouldn't have missed him if I saw him before. But just as I was surprised to see him, I was equally as surprised to see that Leah had gotten to him so fast. I mean, I know she's a total flirter, but even her speed shocked me. Impressive, I must say. I tried to hold down the jealousy that was welling up inside of me.

This is your best friend. You're thinking nonsense.

I blew out a breath I hadn't known I held in, and with confidence I didn't know I possessed smoothly strode up to them.

As soon as she caught sight of me, Leah ran to me and smashed me in a huge hug. "Whoahh," I almost fell back. "Whoops, sorry!" she giggled back, "I'm just so happy right now!"

I think I know why, I thought, eyeing the guy she was talking to.

"Oh!  Silly little me, I didn't introduce you yet!" she said, gesturing at the guy. "Van, this is Josh. Josh, this is Van," she smiled at me.

I almost choked on air. Josh? As in her brother Josh?!

"Bu-u-tt, I-I thought he was coming tomorrow," I said, tripping on my own words and feeling a blush creep up my cheek.

"We booked an earlier flight.You know, to surprise Leah and mom," he grinned at me. My heart literally skipped two beats. "Nice to meet you Van. That's short for Vanessa, right?"

"Y-yes," I stuttered, inwardly cursing myself. I never stutter!

"Well, are we going or what? Don't wanna be late for my first day of school," he spoke with that husky voice of his. I noticed up close that his eyes were a very clear shade of blue. I've never seen clearer eyes. Then what he said sunk in.

"You- you're going to school with us?" I gaped.

"Eh, yeah... Hasn't Lee told you?" he looked at her questioningly.

"I did!" she said, backing her hands up. "I told you he's starting the year over since school begins at a different time in Australia."

I faintly remembered such a conversation with her. I shrugged, still not believing that this guy in front of me was related to my best friends. School today might just turn out a tad differently than I first thought.

My lips slowly curved into a smirk as I imagined the look on Jennifer Lacey's face. Just as I was getting to the part where she would shamelessly bat her false lashes at him, I felt a hand on my shoulder, which made me jump.

"Relax, you were daydreaming. While walking, Which I've never seen anyone do before," Josh said, an amused expression on his face.

"Sorry," I gave a nervous laugh. Stupid. That's what I am.

I noticed then just how tall Josh was. He was easily over 6 foot.

Height.

Always an attractive feature.

I shook my head, concentrating on getting up the steps without tripping over.

The moment we stepped our foot into the building, every pair of eyes in sight were trained on us.

Auhor's Note:

GUYS!!! come on, any comment at all? don't leave me waiting in suspense here :( Any ideas for a new title? I don't really like this one :(