Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

I kept struggling to get comfortable, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. I knew I was stuck here, but I had no idea was Sam's plan was for me. I thought about my smashed phone. No one was going to find me. I couldn't even sit properly. "Oh for gods sa-," I began, quietly cursing to myself when I realised what was stopping me from sitting down properly. My wrists rubbed against the ropes as I pulled the spare phone out that Taylor had given me.

I pulled the phone out and tried to remember how to keyboard was with it not in front of me. I typed Taylor York and pushed the phone out to the side, looking over my shoulder before sighing with relief that I had his number. I clicked the dial button and began to pray.

Taylor POV

It was around 6 in the evening, and we came back to the studio, to get the demo cds that we'd bring with us to Australia. We were planning on having listening parties with fans, just chill and play them the CD in it's entirety. I hadn't had a bad day, the interviews weren't too bad. It was good to hang with the guys again, and joke about random shit. I was a bit disappointed that Bethan hadn't texted me the whole day, but then I remembered that she had the spare phone, and probably wasn't interested in texting me over that. That's what I thought, until I heard my phone go off in my pocket. The name flashed across the screen as "Spare," so I knew it must have been Bethan.

"Hey, Bethan. Missed you a lot today hah-" she cut me off almost immediately. "Taylor, find some way to to record this phone call." "Bethan...what's happening?" "I'll tell you Taylor, just find a way to record this." I paused and decided to go along with what's happening. "Jeremy, can I borrow your phone?" He threw it over and I went into the hallway, putting Bethan on speaker and then starting to record her on a video. "I'm Bethan O'Connor. My ex boyfriend Sam Penning is an owner of some drugs and weapons and stolen goods ring. His men took me this morning in the back of their van and drove me to some warehouse. They pretended Sam was in trouble. But he's in charge. They're the men who beat me a few weeks ago. I'm currently tied up, I don't know where I am. I can hear gulls so maybe the docks. They keep mentioning when they're going to leave. Please Taylor, bring this to the police...I have to go they're coming over...Taylor...I'll be okay...right?" "...yes."

What else was I supposed to say? In that moment, I had no idea of the outcome. I always prided myself on how I knew Bethan would be okay. Well, I thought I knew. Until now. What was I supposed to think now? This didn't happen everyday. This was some crazy, made up shit, that made me feel sick. In that moment, like I said, I had no idea of the outcome.

When I came to my senses, I ran back into the room. I grabbed my jacket and pulled it on. "Jeremy, can you drive me to the police station?" "What?" he asked with a confused look. "Taylor, what's happening?" Hayley asked. "You okay bro?" Justin asked, who'd been with us that day. "Please, Bethan's in trouble." They shared a look of shock and what looked like a horror. I was experiencing the same thing. "I'll come," said Hayley. "Me too," said Justin. "You don't need to explain it Taylor, we just want to help," Hayley said and squeezed my arm. I nodded and then we practically ran to Jeremy's car in the parking lot.

Bethan's POV

That Mickey guy came over again later on with food and a bottle of water. I looked at him, and he half smiled at me. I knew someone deep in me that he probably didn't want to be in this situation. I hoped to God that he fell on hard times and needed a quick way to make money and that he never intended to be a crook like Sam. That Sam manipulated him like he did with everyone. But then I remembered he hurt me. And as much as he seemed to be trying to make up for that, he hit me and kicked me and stepped on me. And that wasn't right.

I began to think of Taylor. And how I missed my chance with him. He was a my sign from God I'd always been looking for, the hero that would save me from my own damaging self. But I let him slip away from me. And here I was trying not to cry in front of my demon Sam and his croons, as they held the power to kill me. And I had no idea if my hero was actually on his way.