Chapter Twenty Three

Bethan's POV

14th February

I woke up in Taylor's arms, like I had the past three mornings. There was no way of explaining how this happened and how we were still able to talk to each other the morning after. I mean, it's not like we just had sex, but it was a pretty intimate thing for us to do. We hadn't spoken years until January and I'd moved in with Taylor a few weeks later. We did serious couple things but we weren't a serious couple.

I rolled over in his arms to look at his face while he still slept. Taylor had this beautiful stubble, bordering beard on his neck and chin, his moustache growing as well. I looked at all his features; his cute button nose, his few small freckles, those dark eyebrows and long lashes. His curly hair looked amazing in the morning sun, with a mass of it at the front of his head. I saw the curls at the nape of his neck, and reached out. I twirled them in my fingers and stroked the nape of his neck, finding that it soothed me.

His eyes fluttered open. But I didn't flinch. It was no longer a shock to see those big, brown, eyes but a welcoming experience. "That's nice," he said. I giggled and stopped. He pouted. "Whaaa?" He moaned and I laughed again. "I'll see you downstairs." The real reasoning behind me stopping was the fact I wasn't ready to tell him that I liked him. And if I kept twirling my fingers in those curls I would have to kiss him.

Once again, we sat on the sofa and watched TV. I tapped away on my phone; texting Hayley and looking through my Instagram feed. Hayley persuaded me to get a twitter account as well, so I was addicted that. What I found odd was once again the amount of followers I suddenly got, including old friends; the guys from You Me At Six, A Day To Remember and Fall Out Boy. Hayley tweeted me a few days before and that's when it all happened. I was shocked by my phone sounding off in the middle of the night but I quickly turned off the notifications. It was weird seeing all these people like the ones from Instagram wanting my attention, so I spent my time tweeting them and retweeting them. I couldn't help by occasionally notice a rude tweet or comment, but it didn't dent my mood in all honesty.

You were mentioned by @tayloryorkyall

@bethannoconnor please stop letting the internet swallow you, want to hear your laugh while we watch tv

I looked over at him. He looked at the TV and then smirked. I kicked him and he laughed.

@tayloryorkyall hush t-tay

"Oh my god," I said. "What?" Taylor asked, looking at me with a confused expression. "It's Valentines day," I said, realising how out of it I had been. I began to laugh. "That makes so much sense...I asked Hayley to go shopping today and she just laughed in my face," I said. "Well, don't complain," Taylor said. He flung his arms out. "This is true romance." I laughed but stopped quickly.

I never had a proper valentines day. It's not like expected it from Sam. Before I knew about his rage, he forgot. And then I knew what he was like, I didn't even bother to bring up the topic. It made me question if I'd ever have that true love, romantic, stereotypical movie shit. I felt Taylor looking at me, but I couldn't look at him without bursting in to tears.

I spent most of my day in my room, cleaning it over and setting up my new laptop. The insurance company sent over a brand new mac laptop after it was destroyed in the flood. I also went through my clothes and realised I only wore half of them, so it was time to throw them out.

It was 4 o'clock when I heard a soft knock on my door and then an envelope was slipped under the door. I knelt down and peeled open the envelope and pulled out it's contents. I opened the folded paper.

You are invited to the Anti-Valentines-York extravaganza. This is for Mr Taylor York and Miss Bethan O'Connor to spend their evening attending the areas where couples in love spend their money to fuel this cooperate organisation of St Valentines day. You must dress fancy and be pretty (as always) and be also be prepared for any surprises, as Mr York believes there will be a few in store (don't get excited, I mean that I have no clue of what's really going to happen (but you're going out with me so it's basically perfection)). Mr York will be arriving at your door at 7pm.