"I don't know where you've lived for the past two years, Belle. Harry drops a lot for you." She spoke and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Don't you remember when it was 12am and he was at Niall's and you called him because your dad upset you?"

--

"Get your shit out of here, Bethany!"

I woke up to the loud yell of my fathers gravelly voice. He was yelling at my mother, once again. Most of the time when they fought it would be about him not being home, but why is he yelling at her about her leaving?

I pushed my grey comforter off of my body and put my right foot on the hardwood floored bedroom, hearing a creak.

These god damn old floors are going to get me killed.

"Jack! Stop you're going to wake up Belle." She yelled, trying to keep her voice down, but failing miserably.

I placed my other foot on the ground and made my way to the stairs, slowly going down, step by step.

"I don't care if she wakes up! You need to leave-" He yelled but stopped his words and I heard a slap. I jumped but made my way faster to the loud sound. "and you need to leave now!"

Once I wrapped my head around what was happening I ran into the kitchen and saw my mother pressed against the wall with my fathers right hand next to her head and his left one holding tightly onto her wrist.

"Sweetheart, go upstairs." My mom smiled at me and I shook my head.

"You can't hit her! Stop!" I yelled at him, but he just spoke in a very low voice.

"Your mother is leaving. Say goodbye."

With that he left the kitchen and I ran up to my mom. The only person who ever loved me the way I loved them, and my father was forcing her out of my life.

"Mommy." I cried and she walked me over to the living room, sitting me down on the couch and she sat next to me, taking my hands in hers.

"Baby. I will see you again. Whether it be in a month, a year, or when you graduate. I will see you again. I have to leave, but you promise me one thing." She whispered and took her right hand to wipe my tears that were rolling down my face.

"What?" I asked through my dry voice and she looked at me with her green eyes.

"Promise me to never lose yourself. I don't want you to change into a different person because I'm not in your life right now."

"Why are you leaving?" I sobbed but was interrupted my my father stomping down the stairs, telling my mother she needs to leave.

"Promise, Belle." She spoke and I nodded.

"I promise."

With that, she hugged me and kissed my forehead, leaving through the front door.

"B-" My father tried but I shook my head and ran upstairs, slamming the door and locking it behind me.

It felt like hours of me sobbing before I picked up my phone and dialed a very familiar number.

"Hello?" He spoke through his raspy and groggy voice, probably from being woken from his sleep.

"I'm sorry for-for waking you up. Can you come to my house?" I sobbed and I heard shuffling on the other line.

"I'll be there soon."

--

"How do you know about that?" I spoke, remembering every traumatic minute of that night.

"He didn't tell me why you wanted him there, just told me you had family issues and wanted him there."

I nodded and and put her hand on my back, rubbing it slowly.

"What's the matter?"

"That night. My mom told me no matter what, we'd see each other again. When my dad went to prison, shouldn't she be the one that automatically gets custody of me? Not that I don't like you guys, but why didn't she want me?" I whispered, feeling my eyes watering.

"Belle, maybe she wasn't ready, or your father did something so that the government felt she wasn't fit to have full custody of you. I know she loves you so much. Of course she would want you, and she still does, wherever she is."

I nodded and leaned my head into her shoulder, getting ready to go back upstairs and have an amazing night with my best friends.

--------------
authors note:

this was actually really sad to write and i really hope it takes a toll on you

make sure to vote
comment your thoughts

why did her mom have to leave?!?
i want to know your thoughts

thank you sm
xx