Chapter 13 | Confession

Zacznij od początku

Half an hour had passed until a knock was heard and SoYou entered. To his surprise, Jimin couldn’t help but stare since she was dressed unlike how she would’ve normally in a casual white and pink flower dress yet with a black mask equipped. She had a pretty figure and Jimin had to cough once to keep a calm face as he greeted her.

“Hey there, SoYou--”

Flinching, Jimin’s eyes widened when SoYou wordlessly locked the door behind her. Typically, this was an unwarranted action for any celebrity musicision--to be locked in a small room with another of the opposite sex. Rumors that could blow up into dangerous scandals may occur.

"There's a reason I did that, so please don't worry.” SoYou informed, having sensed the concern from Jimin.

After a moment, he carefully asked. “...because of your voice? Is this meeting so important you have to talk?” Though, honestly, Jimin was happy that SoYou did not hesitate to speak around him.

“Yes...it is.” SoYou grimaced behind her mask, feeling the nervous pit rise in the stomach again. It was one thing to imagine countless scenarios of this revelation through the night and another to be standing before him. “A-anyways, take a seat for now. I want you to listen to a song I composed.”

Raising his brow, Jimin was perplexed at the sudden request but disregarded it. He assumed that she simply wanted an amateur's opinion on her work. Perhaps, she was doing the same as J-Hope had done by getting an informal critique.

Jimin returned to the sofa as SoYou connected her phone to the computer. “Um...have a listen to this, and...tell me what you think.” When he nodded, she played the piece. The room was soon filled with a soft piano introduction followed by a soft hum from her voice. Jimin unconsciously cracked a smile, realizing that SoYou would be singing the guide. Her voice was clear and quite pretty--

“Cry when you want to cry.”

The first line struck Jimin immediately. This was going to be a sentimental ballad. Though it was a genre vastly unexplored by BTS, he wanted to provide SoYou at least a couple of valuable comments. As such, he closed his eyes and concentrated on the lyrics.

“Don’t purposely hold in your sadness...so that you can smile again, I’ll embrace you. When you’re tired, I’ll lend you my shoulder so that you can rest for a bit.”

SoYou bit her lips as she watched Jimin closely. Certainly, she got flashbacks to when they hugged in the break room after he had requested her opinion on Rise. Even though he was not aware, she was there...for all those times Yumi witnessed him vulnerable. And all those times she comforted him through their messages.

“I pray no tears in your dreams. I know you’ll fly high in your life. Although this world tries to look at you with a small view, I can confidently say you’re the only one.”

She closed her eyes, recalling all those sleepless nights she prayed for his happiness.

This song is my confession.

“Find your broken dreams again. Don’t say that you can’t. To make that dream come true, I will help you. When you feel like you can’t breathe, close your eyes for a bit and think about your future.”

Please… “Don't cry again.” At the last chord, SoYou mumbled along with the recording.

Silence hung in the air for a while as Jimin organized his thoughts. With a soft smile, he turned to her. “It’s really beautiful. The chords and lyrics go so well together. It felt like relaxing in a cozy coffee shop. Also I don’t know why, but...it kinda touched me a little."