move on | imagine

-
"Don't do this to me" I cried holding on to my boyfriends hand
" I don't want to y/n but it's best for both of us, I can't have you waiting" Colby replied , he was trying so hard not to tear up himself and stay strong on behalf of both of us because I had already broken down.
" I know your moving but -" I started but Colby cut me off
" But nothing baby , I'm moving half way across the country . I need you to move on without me" this time he couldn't hold his tears any longer, a slow drop of water tumbled down his cheek as he slowly pulled his hand from mine
" But I can come visit , we can have long FaceTimes , please I love you" I stuttered , the prospect of him leaving was too much to handle let alone the fact he thought it was best that we broke up after having a 2 year relationship.
" Y/N I love you too , so much but you have to move on. I can't be here to give you everything you deserve because you should have the best of everything. You need someone there for you when you have a bad day , there to cuddle you and give you kisses , to make you feel like you are the only person in the world. I can't do that for you when I'm living in a different state. I have to go because it's so hard for me to do this but I know it's what's truly in your best interest" Colby said , he now had tear stains right down his face and so did I . We just looked at each other for a minute before I embraced him a long hug.
" I love you " I whispered into his chest
" I love you baby" he whispered back before pulling out of the hug and walking through my front door , leaving me stranded without my other half.
-
This was a sad one , requested