the stood there for a few moments, not saying anything. it felt natural, just being together side by side. it saddened them both that the thing that brought them together was now coming to a break. it made both of them long for each other more knowing they wouldn't see each other everyday.

"it's peaceful out here," tom commented, keeping his eyes on the horizon. "do you remember our upcoming date?"

lilia smiled. "how could i forget. i set an alarm on my phone, it goes off every hour that the day grows closer."

"really? mine goes off every minute," tom chuckled, voice scratchy and slow from sleep deprivation. "how does next friday night sound?"

lilia snuck a look at tom beside her. "i think that would work," another small moment of silence, and then: "are you going back to london?"

he nodded. "probably. i wanna see my family. harrison and i were talking about maybe flying home for two weeks."

"that's good. you've been away for a while." lilia told him.

"what about you? are you going back to australia?" he asked her.

she shrugged. "i'm not sure. maybe."

he wondered why she didn't seem that eager to go home, and he knew she never talked of her family that much. he was curious as to why, but he didn't ask.

instead, he simply reached over and intertwined his fingers with lilia's, and the two's eyes met as their hands touched. not for a scene, not for press, just for the exhilaration that human touch brought upon a person. their heart rates picked up a little and they both smiled, and lilia let her head rest on tom's shoulder.

it was perfect bliss.

• • •