He began laughing.

And I took that as a sign to give up, and end things here.

"Well, if you don't want to be friends then I'm done here," I murmured quietly, feeling slightly disappointed.

I tried. I put the option out there, and now that it seems to be turned down, it's time for me to finally end things with Taehyung.

"Well then," I began. "This is bye for good, Taehyung. I'm sorry for ever troubling you." With that I turned on my heel, and started to walk down the hallway, to go home.

Suddenly, I was pulled back into an embrace. "Wait."

I blinked my eyes in surprise.

"Huh?"

Taehyung held me even tighter. "Don't leave me forever," he murmured into my ear. I stood, with my knees bent uncomfortably. Quickly, I stood up straight, and turned around to face the elder.

He looked so broken and sad. Was I really the cause of that?

"You laughed at me, when I suggested that we'd be friends," I murmured, quietly. "I thought you wanted me to go."

Taehyung furrowed his brows, and ran a hand through his silver locks. "I did laugh, because I thought you were plain stupid for bringing that up, after all you've done." He looked up at me with puppy dog eyes, that didn't really fit his persona. "But, then you said that this was bye for good, and I...I...I just couldn't let you go."

My heart welled up, at his words, and I smiled, gently.

"So, do you want to try being friends again?" Slowly, he nodded, and stuck out his hand. "Truce."

Smiling, I shook his hand, "truce."

Hesitantly, I raised my arms. Thankfully, Taehyung took the hint, and went in to hug me, back. "I'm sorry Taehyung," I murmured into his hair. "I'm so sorry."

At that, he broke down.

Tears soaked my shirt, and broken sobs echoed the empty hallway. Slowly, I brought my hand up to stroke Taehyung's hair, reveling in the softness of it. "I'm sorry," I kept whispering. "I'm so sorry."

Taehyung—

It felt so good to be held in his arms. It felt good to have his hand running through my hair. It felt good to finally cry. I wanted to stay like this forever. Broken, yet healing. I wanted to just be wrapped up in Jungkook's arms, listening him continuously tell me that he was sorry for hurting me.

I wanted many things in that moment.

Finally, when the tears stopped flowing, and I started hiccupping, I pulled away from Jungkook's warm touch.

"I-I'm s-sorry that I acted like an asshole, before," I mumbled. He stroked my head, a soft look in his gaze. "I deserved it," he responded, simply. "Honestly, I don't think I even deserve your forgiveness now. It's just...I couldn't let this keep continuing. I can't just ignore the fact that I hurt you, and that I never apologized."

Tears threatened to fall from my eyes, again. "J-Jungkook," I buried my face into his chest, relishing in the feeling of being held.

"I'm here now, and I promise to stay this time."

Was that really a promise that he wanted to keep? Or was he just amusing me? Am I falling into another trap? Was this some kind of practical joke? Am I getting played?

I suppose those questions ran through my mind, briefly, but they flew out of my head the moment arms wrapped around me, and pulled me closer to their chest.

"I'm sorry, again, Taehyung."

I'll believe you for now.

"I'm so sorry."

I may be rushing the plot...I don't really know. It'll play out as I keep writing, I guess :)

-Author-nim