Gerald woke up, his arms was still resting on Sarah’s waist. Her hand was still on his. He lifted his head slowly and peeked on her. She was still peacefully as sleep a light smile on her lips. He smiled at her. “You are an angel.” He whispered to her sleeping face. The sun was shining outside the windows. He slowly eased himself away from her, making sure not to wake her up. It was six in the morning and was about to prepare his surprise. He washed his face at the bathroom and brushed his teeth. He then called the room service for their breakfast, yogurt and fruits for Sarah and bacon and egg with toast for him. He then went down and went straight to the small kitchen of their suite. He opened the refrigerator door and pulled out the flower petals he ordered from yesterday. He then went back upstairs to their room and scattered the petals all over the room and the bed, making sure Sarah won’t hear him. He then laid the newspaper from the Philippines beside her. He then went out downstairs at the living room and waited for her to wake up and see what he prepared.

“This is our tomorrow, Sarah and I hope it will last forever.” He whispered to himself while he sat himself at the sofa in the living room. He turned on the TV and watched the early morning news in CNN.

Sarah woke up and was taken aback when she felt that Gerald was not beside her. She slowly opened her eyes and adjusted from the sun’s glaring shine from outside the window. She was surprised when she saw rose petals all over the room and the bed. She was about to eased herself out of bed  to look for Gerald when she saw the broadsheet that was laid beside her.

“A local broadsheet dated a day ago.” She whispered at herself. She scanned the front pagedand was again shocked of what she saw in the headlines.

Philippine Inquirer July 24

Headline: Gerald Anderson Jr. COO and Sole Hire of the well known Retail Company, Anderson Marketing Corporation called off his engagement with the Philippines First Daughter, Iza Cazaldo, daughter of President Manuel Calzado.

The PR and Marketing group of AMC issued a statement in behalf of Mr. Anderson and his family, here it goes.

Mr. Gerald Anderson Jr. and his parents Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Anderson Sr. announced that the engagement of Gerald Jr. with the President’s daughter, Ms. Iza Calzado was called off.

As much as the family wanted to be honest on the reason behind the broken engagement, the family is asking for the public’s understanding on why they have to take this matter privately.

Our deepest apology to the First Family that all this has to happen, Mr. Gerald Anderson Jr. says in his written statement that was given to his company’s Marketing Director, Ms. Melissa Ricks. He also wanted to express his deepest gratitude to President Manuel Calzado and his wife, Madam Elena Calzado, for accepting his and their daughter’s decision with open mind and heart.

Signed

Melissa Ricks

Marketing Director

Anderson Marketing Corporation

Our editor in chief tried to contact AMC’s Marketing Director for further clarification regarding this matter but unfortunately Ms. Ricks declined to further elaborate on the issue. This paper also heard of unconfirmed reports that Mr. Gerald Anderson is currently out of the country for a business trip in India. We tried calling his executive assistant Ms. Sarah Geronimo to ask her boss’s whereabouts but the latter is said to be in her scheduled vacation leave according to one of the AMC’s employee who we were able to talk to.

 As of this press time there are reports that cause off the broken engagement is because of one mystery woman who Anderson Jr. seems to fell in love with. Some reports say that the mystery woman was Bea Alonzo a well known Actress in the Philippines. We contacted Bea’s Manager and he firmly denied the issue, saying that Anderson and Alonzo only met once in a showbiz affair where Anderson was an invited special guest. They are also rumors that the mystery woman was indeed Gerald’s Executive Assistant Ms. Sarah Geronimo former fiancée of Jake Cuenca of Cuenca Group of Companies. We were able to talk to Juaquin Cuenca, Jake’s father to confirm reports regarding Geronimo but the Patriarch of the Cuenca Family said that he has no idea on the real score between Geronimo and Anderson.

As of now, the public must await for the final statements of the concerned people in this story.  

Letty Jimenez-Magsanoc

Editor In- chief

Philippine Daily Inquirer

Sarah was still staring at the newspaper report she just read. “Gerald broke of his engagement for me? Why?” She whispered to herself. She was about to stand up from the bed to look for him when she heard him entered the room.

“I guess you had read it?” He calmly told her while approaching her at the bed. She nodded at him. “Why?” She whispered to him. He sat beside her cupped her face in his hands.  “I Love You, Sarah; I did all this because of you. And that is the reason why I brought you here in Thailand, for me to protect you from the mayhem that the broken engagement caused in Manila.” Reports already involved your name in this story and I want to apologize to you for that but don’t worry I’ll do everything to protect you. I Love you, Sarah. Sarah never felt this strong emotion before, not even with Jake. Gerald was staring at her still holding her face. She will not think of what other people will say. For the first time in her life, she will follow her heart without considering other people. Gerald deserves that and she will do her best to be with him in this fight. She thought to herself. She gazed intently into his eyes. “I Love you; I will fight with you and stand by you with all this.” She whispered back to him.

Gerald smiled back at her with tears in his eyes. “I Love you, Sarah.” He said before claiming her lips and gave her a passionate kiss.

End of Chapter