But now, she couldn't help feeling a little afraid. The light from the hallway outlined the door's shape, if she got close she could see just behind it...

Her stomach was in knots as she gently pushed the door open-

All at once everything outside the doorway turned pitchblack. A jolt went down the red haired girl's spine as she looked into the darkness's eyes.

''BLOSSOM!!''  one of her sisters screamed. She wasn't sure which one.

But the darkness was too close, and strangling her with fear.

*****

Rose jerked her hand back from the cold surface that used to be the front door of her home. That night had changed everything for her and her sisters.

Sometimes she wondered if anything would've been different if she hadn't opened that door... But now she knew she'd never know the answer.

She'd never know if it could've been different...because it was already too late.

The Utonium house had a few pieces still standing, but the rest was mostly ashes now. She wasn't sure if anyone even remembered what it used to be, a home to three young superheroes. Who weren't as invincible as everyone thought.

It was 2 am and her first time outside in over a week. No one would be looking for Rose, no one would even notice her here- it was abandoned for a reason after all.

She felt like she wasn't allowed to hide here, at her old home. Where she used to chase her sisters up and down the stairs- laughing without a care. Where her father would always smile and encourage each of them- though they were each so different. She felt like she had to show who she was- for her or her memories and ghosts she wasn't sure.

Her red hair was styled like it used to be- half up and half down with a red ribbon- exactly how she hadn't allowed herself to wear it for the past five years. Her pink eyes weren't alert, she wasn't scared or worried. No, but she still felt far from safe.

She hugged her pink sweater closer as she walked around. Her feet left prints in the ashes, but she couldn't bother herself to care too much at the moment.

But she could feel him. Which made her sure they were all three there.

She didn't turn her head to look for them, she didn't want to see them. If she saw anyone else in the ashes of her home it'd be too real. And no one else belonged in a place that used to be her sanctuary.

''Blossom,'' a voice said softly behind her.

She couldn't look, but she swallowed thickly and clenched her hands into fists. ''How long have you known?"

It was silent for a moment,''Not too long, but I suspected since I met you.''

She was in front of him, but he could only see her back. He couldn't see her face, the tears, or miserable smile. ''The pink eyes gave it away, huh?"

''Actually at first I thought they could be contacts,'' Brick replied.

''Why don't you want us to stay dead? You're ruling the city like you wanted, aren't you?" She asked softly, barely above a whisper so not to disturb her home.

''So you know we weren't trying to..." Brick stared at his old rival in confusion, he'd thought the Girls felt threatened by him and his brothers.

''We were just worried about the problems you could've cause,'' Blossom answered, as if reading his mind,''Though I was worried at first that you'd hunt us down and kill us for good to make sure we were out of the way.''

''No use doing that if you pretend like the PowerPuff Girls are dead,'' Brick eyed her. Though they both now knew the Ruffs wouldn't have hurt the Girls.

''It's not too late to be who you used to be,'' Brick came to stand beside her. ''You can be heroes again, you and your sisters. I mean I get it's weird for a villain to say that to you, but we never believed you just up and died- and we looked for you guys. And not to kill you ourselves...''

''Heroes? Why would we be heroes again?'' Blossom tilted her face up so she could take in everything of her old home. ''You think we just left the city to defend itself for no reason?"

''I didn't say that.''

''We can't be heroes again.''

''Why?!" Brick finally raised his voice, staring at her hard.

And she finally faced him,''Because it's five years too late Brick Jojo.''