Child Of The Moon Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Don't Stop Belivin'

"Don't stop believin'/ hold on to the feelin'" Don't Stop Believin' by Journey

It's been four years.

Four years since I have run with a pack, four years since I have last seen a werewolf other than my sister Lulu, four years having the same nightmare night after night, one in which I was running with all the pack, next to my brother Nate, my parents, Lucas and Jennifer, that was while it was still a dream. The nightmare started when hunters appeared from the bushes, guns in hands and started killing all my pack, covering the white pure fur of my mother, Lucas and Lulu with scarlet red, the worst part was that they let me live, making me be witness of the murder of the people I loved. Making me suffer alone.

I woke up covered in cold sweat and breathing hard. Like every morning from the past 4 years.

I keep staring at the ceiling of my room, trying to calm my breath. I stole a glace to mi nightstand were my alarm clock was, the bright red numbers read 6:30 a.m. I should be getting ready for school, I thought to myself. When my breathing finally calmed down, I lazily took a sitting position, I was so tired, last night I couldn't sleep, my wolf was complaining that I haven't gone for a run I a week so I took off, Lulu was sleeping already so I went alone. I returned home at 4 in the morning I thing.

"I guess going for a run at 1 in the morning is not a good decision when you have to wake up at 6:30" I told myself, grumping as I got up from bed and into my bathroom.

After taking a quick bath and brushing my teeth I went to my closed and grabbed a t-shirt and a pair of slightly baggie jeans. After that I returned to the bathroom to comb my hair, so that my light brown, almost blonde locks cascade down to the middle of my back. I didn't put make-up on, first because, I mean, why would I? I have no one to impress in school. And second of all because, I know this is going to sound extremely cocky, but I'm a werewolf, our kind is blessed with natural beauty.

When I finish getting ready I opened my door to get to the kitchen so that I could have breakfast, but as soon as I opened the door I found an angry looking Lulu, arms crossed in her chest and a scowl on her face. That's never a good sight.

"Hi Lulu" I told her with a very big, very fake, vary scared smile on my face. "How are you?"

Her scowl only got bigger, if that was even possible at my chose of words. She was mad, really mad, and I think I kind of knew why she was.

I lowered my head, a sign of submission "sorry, I know I shouldn't have gone for a run alone and so late, but my wolf was restless"

She explode "you know you I don't care if you go out at night and so late! What really bothers me is that you don't let me know! Do you realize how worried I was when I got up at 2 am to find your door opened and a very empty bed! I swear I got a panic attack!" her voice at the end was barely a whisper, the scowl on her face gone and her features now set in a sad worried way "at least leave me a note, a freaking post-it in the fridge, I don't know!. Just don't leave the house without telling me"

I lifted my head so that my eyes could meet hers. The Night 4 years ago destroyed us, making us insecure and scared to be alone, especially Lulu. The first year she barely let me out of her sight, she was scared to lose me, as I was scared to lose her.

"Sorry Lulu, it won't happened again" I took a step towards her and hugged her, she returned it wholeheartedly. After a few seconds she then pulled away, looked in to my eyes, something serious was on her mind, I could see it, and she was like an open book, at least to me.

"Go have some breakfast, quick, or you'll be late for school" she then went to towards the door, taking her purse that was on top of the dining room table in the process. "I'm of to work. Don't wait for me I'll be late, have lot of work to do" her hand was on the door handle, when she opened the door but didn't go out. "On second thoughts, I think I'll come earlier, I can do my job here" she then turned to me, a small smile on her face "I have something very important to tell you". She then proceeds to quickly step out of the door, shutting it. Leaving me with a shocked expression at my sister kind of cryptic departure.