The Isle of the Lost: Jane's Second Year Part I

Beginne am Anfang

"You mean better?" The girl huffed, "I don't know. I guess, maybe. I don't really remember so let's just drop it!" She didn't want the two of them to know that talking about it upset her but too late now she supposed.

"Alright," Jay says while rubbing his face trying to think of a way to get rid of the awkwardness that had descended, "So-"

Mal doesn't get the memo apparently though, "Who are your parents?"

"Why's that matter?" The brunette said defensively.

"Because that's why mom had you kidnapped right because of them and your ability to do magic inside of the barrier?" The girl kept pushing despite Jay trying to motion at her to cease the questioning.

"It doesn't matter." The stubborn girl glares at her 'sister'.

"It does!" The girl glares right back at her.

"No, it doesn't!" She throws her hands up in the air.

Mal presses on, "Yes it-"

Then finally Jay has had enough, "Mal drop it, she's here now so that's all that really matters in the end... right?"

The both go quiet.

"So, you really don't remember?" The dark fairy's daughter asks finally her eyes looking for something that Jane doesn't understand.

"That's what I said."

And that was that Mal dropped it and never brought it up again even when others introduced themselves via their parents and Jane's response as always when it was directed at her was to say she didn't have any.

Jay not wanting conflict because he dealt with it enough at home also never mentioned it again not even when their group grew from three to five or in the years following that.

-

One year and five months into her stay saw Jane and Mal once again outside of the Evil Queen's castle.

"You know she's not dumb enough to stand at the window with it opened again so why are we even wasting our time?"

Mal swats down and shh-ing her while yanking her down as well, "Wait for it," before she can ask what she's waiting for she sees it.

"Is she leaving the castle?" Jane questions bewildered, "Not only is she leaving but she's sneaking out, see?"

Her blue eyes take a closer look and she catches into what Mal is talking about, she's being shifty and looking over her shoulder constantly meaning she hasn't gotten permission from her mom to leave.

"Looks like the princess is going to grace us with her presence we should go greet her."

"Yes, I'm sure a nice hello is exactly what you had in mind."

"Come on," Mal grabs her arm and soon the two are tailing the bluenette from the castle grounds into the busy street of one of the main markets.

After a while of watching her look around in wonder like the poor sheltered girl that she is the purple haired menace decides to rear her head, "See that stand right there?"

"Yeah?" The girl looks to the trinket stall, "That one is vicious when he catches you stealing from him."

"And you want us to..." She knew where this was going, "We're gonna give the princess a valuable life lesson is all."

"Yes, That's what this is... Okay, how do you wanna do it?"

Mal smirks evilly, "Okay here's the plan, I look interested in something there and while his attention is on me you levitate one of those... that one necklace right there into her pocket, make it noticeably sticking out though."