4. It's only Political

Start from the beginning

Etta crossed her arms, wondering how to deal with the rising problem. "I can help." Iker spoke. Etta turned to look at him, forgetting the guest was there. The girl nodded in apology for not greeting Iker earlier.

"I couldn't allow such a thing." Etta refused his offer.

"I don't mind," Iker tried convincing her. "I won't be able to sit here and not do anything. I use to make flower crowns with my mother. I can't guarantee my skills are on par now."

Etta thought for a moment, "I can't believe I'm going to say this but please lend us a hand."

Iker grinned from ear to ear, grateful he could be of use. He followed Etta and the other girl, he soon got to know as Bel. They walked the long hallway and arrived upon a room at the end. Iker was amazed by the sight, amongst the many Laquians were flowers of different kinds. Flower crowns sat in large woven baskets, some even wore them atop their heads. Bel hurried to the side, busying her hands with work. Iker followed Bel, sitting on two free cushions. Iker got to work, he messed up a bit at first. With the help of Etta, he remembered how much fun it was to do something like this.

Iker was down to ten crowns when he asked, "May I ask what these are for?"

Etta placed a crown in the nearby basket, it was then bought out of the room and replaced with another empty one, "We make flower crowns for the Peoples festival." Etta replied, carefully selecting the flowers.

"Peoples Festival?" Iker questioned. He's never heard of such a thing. Matter of fact, he knew nothing of the other kingdoms. Just as he expected, their customs was interesting.

"Each year, we put on a festival for the People. The late queen thought of the idea and Princess Ximera continued on in the Queen's honor. The people of Laqum once lived in fear. Laqum was known for its military traits, it frightened not only the outsiders but the Laquians themselves." Etta explained. "She didn't want her people to live on in fear when there was nothing to fear from its leaders. At first, no one wanted to join in on the festive. The Queen invited everyone, telling them they could feast and on that one day, she wasn't Queen but a mere commoner."

Iker was amazed even more by the Queen, she was a very kind person. "As the years past, more and more people joined. When she died, the Peoples Festival was more than just a gather of Laquians from different classes. She thought us that we can all get along despite who we are. Peoples Festival became a day to honor her, we wear a flower crown as a symbol to our Queen. We're all Kings and Queens, Princes and Princesses." Etta finished, placing a flower crown atop her head.

"You're lucky to have such a Queen." Iker spoke, looking at the crown in his hands, he knew not if Seridina had festivals like these.

"We are," Etta smiled as she added some flowers to her braids. "There's no doubt that Princess Ximera will be a Queen as great as her mother." Iker nodded, he knew nothing of Princess Ximera, but hearing Etta speak fondly of her, he knew she was a great person. "Does Seridina have any festivals?"

Iker frowned, "I'm not sure."

"You're always invited to one of ours," Etta offered. "There's more than just the Peoples Festival."

Iker smiled gratefully, his heart aching knowing this would be his first and only visit to Laqum. 

Prince Cormac trotted towards the back of the castle towards the archery grounds. Princess Ximera was an expert archer, she thought Cormac to function a bow and arrow, to hit a target. Prince Cormac turned the corner as he almost bumped into Princess Arabella. He grabbed a hold of her arm to keep her from falling, she chuckled as she steadied herself.

"Prince Cormac, you're quite the man to greet a lady like this." Princess Arabella spoke, placing her rather lengthy kinky hair over her shoulders, allowing it to fall atop her bosom.

"My apologizes Princess Arabella," Cormac apologized. "I'm glad I bumped into someone as beautiful as you rather than a cold, hard wall." Cormac smiled, earning a laugh from Arabella.

"You jest," she said. "It would be lovely to have a chat with you over a cup of tea, but I'm set to leave." she waved her pass at him.

"Where to?"

Princess Arabella looked around for anyone in sight, leaning forward as she whispered, "Arilikook." 

Cormac gaped, Princess Arabella grinning at him. The Kingdom of Arilikook was always known to be a tranquil kingdom. They never desired to form treaties with any other kingdoms no matter how hard they tried. Cormac has wanted to visit the Kingdom for as long as he could remember. To meet a ruler who could attain peace for centuries without treaties.

"I'll bring you back a few of their white roses." Princess Arabella offered. Cormac has read about the Kingdom of Arilikook being a bedding ground for white roses.

"I'd appreciate that." Prince Cormac said before they parted, awaiting the day he could visit Arilikook on his own.

The archery grounds were insight. Princess Ximera, his future wife was dressed in her attire, bow and arrow in hand as she aimed at three apples sitting atop three standing post at different positions.

"Do you ever take a break dear Princess." Prince Cormac greeted.

"How dare you!" Princess Ximera hissed, turning to look at the smiling Prince Cormac who startled her and made her miss the target.

"Don't I get a hug my lovely fiance?" Cormac teased, walking forward only to stop when Ximera aimed her arrow at him. "My lovely friend?" He added.

"As your friend yes," Princess Ximera lowered her weapon. "We're nothing more than friends."

Prince Cormac knew there was no intimate feelings between the two. Behind closed doors they were friends, in the eyes of the public they were fiances. Prince Cormac was marrying Princess Ximera for reasons unknown. Unable to defy the king, he accepted. Princess Ximera was doing it for the sake of her ruling as future Queen. Establishing a good relationship with all the kingdoms. King Rhett would only agree to sign the treaty unless Princess Ximera married his son. It was strictly political.

"Why do you try to master the bow and arrow?" Cormac asked, taking up a spare bow and arrow to aim at the apple.

"There's no reason not to have any experience. I am a Laquian after all." her arrow pierced the apple furthest away.

"That's the very reason I asked." Prince Cormac turned to look at the princess as she hit the last apple. "You're the next Queen to this impregnable fortress. No one dares to start a war with this kingdom. You have many skilled guards. Why do you desire to master it?"

Princess Ximera sighed, "I want to defend myself. What happens when there's no one else to protect me or if I have to protect someone. That's why I'm trying to master it Prince Cormac."

"Noted." he replied, handing her his bow.

"We're not the only one with a fortress," The princess said randomly. "We have a strong military force. What's inside of yours?"

"The sick," Cormac said, his mood souring as he recalled his father's words. "Can we not talk about it?"

Princess Ximera eyed him wearily, "Fine," she walked over to the apples, pulling the arrows from them. "The Peoples Festival is here, I would invite you but this is a Laquians only event, I'd like for it to remain that way until we join hands in marriage."

"This is for your people. I wouldn't want to intrude."

"The Moonlight festival is within the next full moon. I hope you can make it then, my dearest fiance."

👑