Chapter One

My ears feel as though they are being ripped apart from the inside out. Their screams are haunting me, echoing inside me as if battling for my attention. Their cries are louder than the beat of my heart, no longer simply throbbing in my ears. Their blood paints me, coating my body like a second skin. The warmth of it on my hands lingers, not only in person but in my mind as well. I can still feel it; I can feel my sins haunting me, I can hear their voices screaming for me.

Screaming at me.

I can feel what must have been the pain they endured in their final moments; the trace of the knife against their skin, the fear and panic they felt as they begged for mercy, the betrayal they felt as they took their last breath.

I feel as though I have been cursed. With every step I take, more agony is sent rushing throughout my body, and if I knew that I was not stabbed I would think I was the one who was dying.

My soul feels as though it is being punished for running. Running away from the truth that I fought to hide.

The farther I run, the louder the voices get. The sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet are mimicking the screams of their voices. The wind hitting the barren trees around me are mocking me with the sound of my name, the dirty words they called me as I took their lives.

There's a darkness surrounding me. It creeps in the shadows, blocking me from the light, playing with my head like a violin, ripping the strings apart with joy, disconnecting me from the light I used to bask in. I can not seem to get free. Everywhere I turn is just darker and darker than before. I cannot keep searching, but I have to keep running.

I know I must keep running. I have to run from those who will come after me. But I feel like I'm being endlessly pulled back and that every step I take is worthless. It feels like the goal I'm reaching out for is getting farther away. I can feel more darkness surrounding my heart as I try to justify the reasons for killing them so that hopefully the agony from their voices will stop trying to rip me apart from the inside.

I can feel the guilt leaving, but their voices are not silencing. They remind me of how I betrayed them, how much they loved me, how they trusted me. I can feel myself starting to not care as I start to tune out their screams as I continue to run.

As I run, I begin to see them standing around me, appearing in my mind's eye, taunting me. Their bodies covered in blood just as I left them. I can see the anger and disgust in their eyes, they are torturing me. They want me to feel their pain but the more I see them the more the darkness spreads through me, my emotions being locked away from the rest of me.

I do not have the time to feel anymore. I have to escape before people realize what I have done.

I cannot let my heart get in the way, I did the right thing, it was the only choice.

They knew that.

I hope they realize I only did what was best.

Killing them. Killing the Royal Family. Killing my family.

It was the only way. The only way to save us all, even if it means I have to lose myself.

If I have not already. 

*Edited By thegirlwithanidea*

*Co-Authored by AnythingAnEverything*