Chapter 28

I remain sitting, my forehead pressed to his for a few moments. His body already beginning to go cold, and his eyes shut in an eternal sleep. 

Kakashi. 

Kakashi is dead. 

I turn and find two ninja fending off one of the Peins. Anger flares inside my chest and I let out an animalistic growl. 

With out a word I reach into my demon chakra and wings sprout from my back.

With the training the past few years, I've managed to increase the amount of energy I can use from my demon. Hence, the transformation doesn't stop there. 

My nails grow and my vision sharpens. My hair increases in length and branches out into shimmering golden feathers. I summon my most powerful eagle: a giant bald eagle about the size of a sky scraper. 

"Kill," I breathe out. 

It imediately beats its wings, they cause a thundering of noise, and I shield Kakashi with my own wings as my summoning finally takes air, leaving behind a stormy dust cloud. 

It grabs the Pein and brings him high up into the air. Pein stabs at its foot, but the tough, thick skin of the eagle doesn't break. 

It tries to use its abilites against my eagle, but I don't give it a chance to escape. 

With swift movements I claw at Pein, ripping out each earing, one by one and increasing the amount of 'pain' that pein feels, then finally ripping his eyes and throat out with my own bare hands.

(A/N can the six paths of pein feel pain??? Let's say he does...)

Within a few moments the Pein is defeated. I land on the ground and my summoning transports away. 

My hands tremble still as I land in front of Kakashi. 

His body has not moved. 

The two ninja that had been fighting Pein before come to stand next to me. 

"You are Yokina Washi, correct?" the older one asks after a while. 

I glance up and then look back at my lifeless Kakashi, "Yes, that's me," I reply in a voice just above a whisper. 

"It's good to finally meet you... I'm glad to find that the rumors are true," he says in a soft yet hearty,  kind voice, "I'm sorry for your loss," he ends in a sorrowful tone, as he and, I'm assuming his son, step back. 

I pull apart the rubble after a few moments, and gingerly take Kakashi from the pile. I slowly bring him to the ground and rest his head softly on the dirt ground. I take his hand in mine and brush away a few strands of hair from his closed eyes. 

I kneel beside him and rest my head against his chest. Somewhere in the background I hear the two ninja leave to battle elsewhere. Silence fills the clearing as I remain frozen. 

"I didn't get to tell you Kakashi," I whisper, "You and you're ways of always spiting me. Couldn't you have been late one last time?" 

Tears pool onto his chest as I can't hold back the waterfalls anymore. I gasp for breathe as I continue to heave with sobs. I don't know how long I cry, but my throat feels raw after a while, and my eyes feel utterly swollen and red... and yet I don't cease in my weeping. 

"I love you, you fucking stupid spiky-haired, lazy ass, pervy--"

The noise of a spluttering cough echoes around the silent clearing. My breathe catches in my throat and my heart seems to skip a beat. My eyes gaze at his pale features, yet there is no further movement. I continue staring, waiting for an indication that I hadn't been imagining the noise; an indication that he was alive.