◆Risk It All◆

There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.

~Sarah Dessen~

Sada

Seeing Sal tonight was bitter sweet. I just wanted to feel his arms around me and have him hold me all night, but seeing that smile will hold me over til the next time we meet. When I got in I was surprised to see my mom still awake. I headed to my room and got in bed, I was too tired to change or do anything else for that matter. My mom came in and laid beside me, she rubbed my head like she use to when I was a kid. She always knew how to relax me, my eyes were getting heavy and I was ready to pass out.

"Sada, what's going on with you?"

"What do you mean by that ma?"

"Nothing, you just seem a little different." She stopped rubbing my head but I was to tired to move.

"I'm not different mama, everything is okay."

"Alright beautiful get some rest." With that she left and within minutes I was drifting off.

******************************

Victoria ran in my room all smiles. She grabbed my hand and led me to the dining room where the table was all set beautifully. She pulled out a chair for me and I sat down. I couldn't help but smile at my baby, she was a split image of her father.

"Dinner will be right out."

"Thank you darling." I said to her as she took her seat next to mine. What was going on, she seemed so excited but I had no clue as to why.

"Papa made his special sauce." She exclaimed with glee.

"Oh really, are we celebrating something? " She shook her head yes. What was he planning and how did he get my little angel to keep quiet?  Sal walked in with a pot and placed it on the table. He came over to me and kissed me oh so gently, I smiled into it and he pulled away. He had a look in his eyes that I never seen before but I couldn't read it.......

******************************

I woke up with a smile then realized it was all a dream. It was 9:30 am so I knew everyone was gone already. I slowly got out of bed and went into my bathroom. My mind was stuck on my dream, all this talk about kids and having a life together was getting to me. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before getting into the shower. The water felt so good hitting my bare skin, I felt so relaxed and for some reason I felt good about the day even though I had no idea what I was going to do. Once I was all washed up and the water started to turn cold I got out. My phone started ringing, I quickly wrapped my towel around my body and went into my room to get it. Sal's picture was on the screen and I smiled then answered.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning baby, you miss me already?" I asked with a smile.

"Of course I miss you. Do you not know your all that is ever on my mind, which is why I have plans for us today."

"What do you mean you have plans for us today? Sal you know........"

"Sada just listen to me, I don't want to hear all that right now. Go look in your glove box, there's a manilla envelope with your name on it. Read it then call me back."

"Salvatore, what are you doing?" As much as I wanted to spend time with him I didn't want him to get caught out. This was out of our norm, very unusual for Sal to pull something unexpected.