Chapter 2

Chapter 2

        We were galloping along the Savannah as fast as we could. When I looked back Augustus had fallen. Patrick and Calum who were beside him turned back to go help.

   They got Augustus to his feet and they quickly caught up to the group.   Augustus was falling behind and limping but he kept going.

  We ran into a clump of trees and bushes and laid down. After we thought they had gone away we did a head check, everyone was there.

  We camped out there for the night. No stories. No laughs. We all had to realize how serious the situation we were in was.  The lions were after us and they weren’t messing around.

  The next day we decided we needed to establish the buddy system whenever anyone had to split from the group. These pairs were established:

Luke and Patrick

 Augustus and Calum  

Michael and Ashton

Pete and Jaime

 Austin and Jack

Grinch and Vic and Kellin

   Patrick and I went to go search for some water while the rest stayed with Augustus.  We stayed close together and climbed the mountain everything seemed so peaceful and perfect. Then we heard a voice-

“Hello boys.”  We jumped around to be face to face with a crowd of lions. We looked back only to be greeted with the end of the cliff. Luke swung his head down in an attempt to hit the lion.

     One of the other lions stomped her foot down to hold down his head while the other jumped out of the way.

     She smirked and leaned down. “I wouldn’t try any funny business with me.”

  “What’re you doing here?” said Patrick.

 “Oh, well, we just wanted to ‘Introduce’ ourselves.” She pointed to the lightest lion next to her-

 “This is Cece.” Then she pointed to the one next to her. She was the prettiest lion he’d ever seen. “This is Bella.” What a wonderful name. He thought to himself. “And the one next to her is Amber.” She gestured to the other side of her. “This is Cara.” She looked at me who was still being held down and said- “ And me? Well, I’m your worst nightmare, but they call me Kora. I’m the leader. ”

 She looked at Cara and nodded to her to get off. Cara backed off while glaring at me. “This is just a friendly reminder that you can’t run and hide forever. We’ll always be hot on your tail.”

  They ran back into the woods, and we galloped back home.