Chapter 5

Myliah:
"Liah!" I heard Kyra yell my name as soon as I stepped into the house. "Guess what!"

"What?"

"You've got mail!" She said as she held up a small brown box. "I'm think it's from Abel!"

"Oooh!"

I grabbed the box from her as I sat on the bed. I used my keys to peel the tape off and when I opened the box there was another one that said "Coachella" across the top.

I took it out and when I lifted the top, there was one VIP pass.

"Ooh....he only sent one."

"That's okay." She smiled. "Just make sure you slide Hyghly my number if you see him."

I laughed. "I'll try."

"Hey there's something else in the box."

I looked in the other box and there was an envelope. I grabbed it and on the front was my name written in what I assumed was Abel's hand writing.

She squealed. "Open it!"

I opened it and inside was a plane ticket, a pass to his coachella after party, hotel key and a note that said "See you soon buttercup."

"I can't believe this is really happening! This is crazy!"

"It really is! Like you get to meet Abel in what? Two days?!"

"Yeah..."

I stared at the plane ticket in my hand as the realization hit me. I was really about to meet Abel, something I thought would only happen in my dreams.

I started to panic. "What if I meet him and he thinks I'm ugly? Or he has a problem with my weight? Or what if he thinks I'm boring in person? Or he-"

"Calm down Liah, you're a beautiful person with a beautiful personality and Abel is gonna love you. Okay?"

"Okay..." I sighed heavily. "Um...you wanna help me pack?"

"Of course!"

She followed me down the hall to my room.

"You gotta break out all your hoe outfits for Coachella." She said as I grabbed my suitcase from under my bed.

"Why hoe outfits? I just wanna wear something cute and comfy."

"And sexy." She added.

I let her go through my closet and put outfits together then I chose which ones I wanted to take with me. I folded the clothes and put them in my bag before grabbing a few bathing suits and putting them in there too.

"I don't know why you're taking bathing suits, you know Abel is gonna have you skinny dipping."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

I don't think Ky understood that Abel and I were just friends. He just needed someone to talk and comfort him and I was just lucky enough to be that person.

Friday:
After a seven hour flight, I landed in Palm Springs. I got my suitcase from baggage claim then started to head towards the exit.

Abel and I never discussed who was picking me up from the airport so I was just gonna get an uber but I saw a man holding a sign with my name on it.

I walked over to him and he smiled.

"Are you Ms. Myliah?"

"Yes."

"Nice to meet you, my name is George and I'll be your driver today." He smiled again and motioned to my bag. "Would you like me to take that?"

"Ooh, sure."