𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞 !

࿐☆∘◦○✧ ゚ 

𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐞𝐧, alicia gilbert had been suffering from depression. and as much as she hated to say it, it had become a way of life that she was comfortable living. it wasn't that she didn't want to be happy, to wake up in the morning without chest pains, to go downstairs and not want to cry when someone says good morning. but it was easier said than done. she had tried antidepressant after antidepressant, but her doctors told her that the only way she would see change was if she made herself happier.

she had tried that too, she stuck motivating words on her walls, wore bright clothes, and smiled 24/7, but nothing helped. when she was sixteen she decided that it was pointless, she couldn't change the way she felt. she decided that there was only one solution to her everlasting pain. that night she decided that she would take matters into her own hands, if the doctors wouldn't end her pain, she would do it herself.

she didn't write a note, she didn't send out a text, or give any hints as to what she was going to try. instead she put on her winter jacket and climbed to the to of the highest hill near mystic falls. she ended up standing at the edge of a cliff, with frozen water below her and sharp rocks to her left. she wasn't nervous, she had harmed herself before. and it didn't hurt that swallowed a bunch of pain pills before hand, just incase her death lasted a little longer than necessary. 

she woke up a few hours later, her clothing drenched, and her hair frozen. she was confused, for obvious reasons, as to why she had no injuries yet blood surrounded her. that night, when she went to sleep, she had a dream of a man with blue eyes and blond hair. he sat alone in a room filled to the brim with paintings; some of which were of her. 

as if he had heard her enter, he looked up with tears in his eyes and asked her a simple question with a complicated answer. "why?"