vii. you won't hurt me

CHAPTER SEVEN.
[ vii.  you won't hurt me ]
/ IRL & TEXTING /

     NOAH SCHNAPP SAT in the nearby chair, his eyes glued to his phone screen. He was on the imessage app, about to text someone whom he was the closest with. Chloe, his twin sister, they were inseparable. He kept thinking about him dying, will they remember him? Or will there be no trace of Noah Schnapp at all, her just being an only child? He stared at the screen, wanting to text her so badly. "Don't do it Noah." He heard someone say. He looked up and saw Jeremy standing beside the chair. "Don't do it."

     "What if I die, Jeremy? What if, I just become a figment of everyone's imagination. I-I can't kill that guy, look at me! I'm the one that gets picked on at school for being like this. I'm not gonna make it," Noah explained with fear hinting his voice, but didn't get emotional.

     "Nobody else is gonna die, Noah," Jeremy sighed, even if he knew in the back of his head that, that may not be true. Noah stared back down at his phone and clicked it off.

     "I hope you're right, Jeremy, because I'm not ready to go," Noah coughed as swallowing the big lump in his throat. Jeremy stared at the boy, worried for his well-being. He sighed and walked off towards the rest of the group, who were busy thinking of ways to kill the person behind this. Noah laid his head on his hand and stared at his lap, wondering what his family is doing right now.

/ TEXTING /

( 2 participants )

unknown number
Hello Noah. What a pleasure it is to
finally introduce myself.

oh schnapp🤭
just get it over with please

unknown number
Impatient I see.

unknown number
I get you Noah, I understand you,
unlike most people. So I will go easy on you.

unknown number
Stab grace

oh schnapp🤭
i can't please no

oh schnapp🤭
u don't understand. i physically cant
do that. i'm not like u

unknown number
You may wanna rethink your
choice of words Noah. Just, make someone
draw blood, and a lot of it.

READ

     Noah filled with panic as he stared at the phone. "I can't, I can't, I can't," he whispered to himself.

     "Noah?" He heard someone ask. "What's wrong?" He looked up and saw Caleb, who was confused yet worried. His eyes wandered to Grace, who was also concerned. Noah tried to speak, but he couldn't. He started shaking and tears started to form. Grace quickly ran over and stepped in front of him.

     "Just breathe Noah," she instructed which made him nod. "Tell me what's wrong."

     "I-I have to," he paused. He grabbed the phone and gave it to her. She hesitantly took it and read the messages. Everyone was silent, waiting to hear why he was panicking. Grace's eyes went wide and slowly handed the phone Noah.

     "You . . ." she trailed off, "have to st-stab me?" He nodded and all you could hear was some people gasp. "You do what you have to do," Grace cleared her throat. She walked over towards the kitchen.

     "Where are you going?" Chosen asked confoundedly.

     "To get a knife," she let out a breathy chuckle as she opened drawers.

     "I'm not doing it Grace," Noah sternly said as he got up out of his chair.

     "Grace, no. We can't have you get hurt," Lilia exclaimed, completely terrified. Grace looked down at the ground and back up at everyone.

     "What about Noah? If he doesn't do this, he can die," she explained, feeling the tears form in her eyes. She slammed the drawer and walked back over to the group, a knife in her hand. Her eyes landed on Noah, who was pale in the face. Without any word, she grabbed Noah's hand and placed the knife in his hand. "Do it. It won't hurt, I promise." He shook his head and backed away.

     "What the hell is going on?" Finn asked confused into what the hell was happening.

     "Noah is gonna stab me," Grace said nonchalantly, no worry in her voice. Unlike Noah, who was on the verge of a panic attack. "You were dared. It's not your fault. I told you, you won't hurt me. And if anything happens to me, I just want you to know that I've had a huge crush on you since the fifth grade," she chuckled. "And I had a crush on Finn for some time, till Millie threatened me." She walked closer to Noah, who was legit frozen. "Do it. You wanna see your sister, and you can't if you don't. So do it." Noah stared at the knife, then back at Grace, who had tears falling down her face. Everyone watched in horror, not wanting to know what happens next.

     "I can't," he shook his head, "the guy didn't specify. He said 'just make someone draw blood'. I don't want that someone to be you." And just like that, Noah felt a sharp pain in his abdomen.

     "No!" Grace let out a blood curdling scream. Noah slowly fell to the ground, his vision getting blurry. He heard everyone panicking, screaming. He felt someone holding him, multiple people actually.

     "Here!" He heard someone scream. He started to feel pressure on the wound. Everyone around him started to whisper, at least, that's what Noah thought. He tried to adjust his eyes as he stared up at the ceiling. He saw a figure over him, a girl with blonde hair, it's short.

     "You're gonna be okay." Just like that, he closed his eyes and all he could hear was silence.

—————

IM CRYING. MY HUSBAND DOESNT DESERVE THIS BULLYING. THERE WAS SOME INFINITY WAR STUFF IN THIS BTW.