Mommy pride

MINE

CHAPTER 11

ABBI P.O.V

Harry was still asleep when I had gotten up. He was leaving in two days and I really didn’t want him to. I was happier with him here. It seemed so much easier with him here.

“Where’s Harry?” Anne asked as she was making coffee in the kitchen where I was also making a bottle.

“He’s sleeping with Bekah.” I answered. Ross was in my arms and he was trying his hardest to kick his legs but he wasn’t doing very well.

“I don’t think he’ll mind if you wake him.” I shrugged.

“I don’t want to wake him.” I said. I knew for a fact that I didn’t want him to leave. I wanted him to stay with me but I knew he couldn’t. “I just wish he could stay longer.” I said.

“I know. I wish he could too. It must be harder for you, he’s the father of your children.”

“Its so much easier with him here.” I said. “ I don’t want him to go, Anne.” I said turning to her with tears in my eyes. “I just got him back.” She walked closer to me and hugged me.

“We all just got him back.” She said. I wasn’t sure how long she held me but I never wanted her to let go. “Lets all go out to dinner. All of the families.” She said when she let go. I nodded my head before I heard Rebekah’s cry and Harry’s panicked voice about what to do. I rushed up the stairs as fast as I could while feeding Ross and trying not to disturb him but  get to Harry in time.

“Abbi!” He shouted for me.

“I’m coming!” I shouted back. As I got into the room Harry was covered in puke and so was the bed and Rebekah. “Shit.” I said placing Ross down who of course began to cry along with Rebekah. “Anne! We need some help!” I shouted. We heard her foot steps. Harry got up and changed his shirt before we both stripped the bed. Anne took Ross while we cleaned up.

“I’m sorry!” Harry said. I quickly threw the clothes and sheets in the washer.

“Its fine honey.” I said. He laid back down and covered his face with his hands. “What’s wrong?” I asked him as I laid down next to him.

“I wish I could help more. I just don’t know how to do this.” He said letting his hands fall to his sides.

“Well lucky for you, I do know how to do this.” I laughed.

“But not lucky for you, I can’t help much,” He said.

“Harry, just you being here helps me.” I said running my hands through his hair. “It keeps me sane. Its not easy taking care of a baby.” I said.

“Yeah but you make it seem so easy.” He said back playing with the bottom strands of my hair.

“That’s because I’ve been doing it for a month. I got the hang of things.” I answered. “We are all going out to dinner as a family. Both of our families are actually.” I said while finding new clothes for us all to wear. Anne came back with Ross after he fell asleep. “Thank you so much.” I said to her. She just nodded her head and walked out the door.

“Where are we going to go?” He asked as he played with Ross on the bed.

“I’m not really sure.” I answered him. He got up and helped dress Rebekah. “I think we should give them baths.” I said turning to him.

“Okay.” He wasn’t so sure if he was going to be able to do it or not. “Why are you so happy that I’m here?” He asked. I wasn’t sure what to say so I was silent.