When in Rome...

Danny had been confused when Steve had suggested going on vacation together. He'd shuddered at the memory of their partner workshop 'brocation'.

"Come on, Danno, it'll be fun," Steve had promised. "And this time: no accidental relationship seminars."

And Steve had been right. Danny looked around his hotel room that was right next to Steve's, with a door that connected the two.
It was a big room, modern but still very comfortable.

He set down his suitcase and stepped out onto the balcony.

"Great view, huh?" Steve's voice came from his own balcony on Danny's left.

After having narrowed their choices down to 'somewhere in Europe', they had finally agreed on Italy. Now that Danny thought about it, this was certainly not the typical 'brocation' spot: a beautiful town just outside of Rome; not too big and busy, but also not exactly tiny.

But Steve had argued that if they were going to open 'Steve's' ("For the last time, we're not calling the restaurant Steve's"), they should have been to Italy together at least once. It only made sense, at least to him.

"Yeah," Danny laughed, eyeing Steve's bare torso as he leaned on the banister. "It's- the view... the view's lovely."
When he saw Steve's head starting to turn towards him, Danny quickly looked away and into the distance.

He'd been in denial about his feelings for Steve for way too long, and now it was probably too late. In fact, he doubted there had ever been a right time. Steve just didn't swing that way.

"So, what's the plan for the rest of today?" Danny squinted at the afternoon sun hanging over the rooftops of the city.

"I dunno, man, time difference is messing with my head. How about we unpack first and then just order room service," Steve suggested. "We can still explore the city and have a nice dinner at a restaurant tomorrow."

Danny nodded. "Alright, I'll come over when I'm done unpacking.

An hour later, Danny had unpacked his stuff and taken a quick shower, so he decided to pay Steve a visit.

When he entered Steve's room, he realized it was basically a mirrored version of his own room.

"Steve?" Danny called out. He turned around at the sound of the bathroom door opening, and Steve stepped out, wearing only a towel.

Fuck. Danny swallowed, his eyes travelling down Steve's torso, following his happy trail... all the way to the towel which was hanging dangerously low on those hips.

"Hey, buddy, you done unpacking?"

Brought back to the present by Steve's voice, Danny snapped his head back up, only to groan in pain.

Steve immediately took a few steps towards Danny with a concerned look on his face. "Whoa, you alright?"

Danny rubbed the back of his neck. "Flying always gives me a stiff neck," he explained.

"Okay, you know what, sit on the bed," Steve commanded.

"Huh?"

Steve motioned towards the bed once again. "Sit on the bed, I'm gonna massage your neck."

"I'm good." Danny held up his hands in a slightly defensive position. "Thanks though."

Steve started to get annoyed. "I can't have you grumpy all day tomorrow, so come on!"

Reluctantly, Danny took a seat on the bed as Steve climbed behind him. He was so close Danny could feel the warmth that radiated from his body.

When Steve gently dug his thumbs into the back of Danny's neck, Danny couldn't hold back a small moan. Just loud enough that Steve could hear it.

Steve chuckled. "See? Much better." He applied some more pressure, slowly moving his thumbs down.
"It would be much easier if this collar wasn't in the way."

Danny was wearing a polo shirt, and the collar made it hard for Steve to give his friend a proper massage.

"What, you want me to take my shirt off?" Danny laughed. "Sure, because two half naked men massaging each other on a bed definitely won't give the room service guy the wrong idea."

"I didn't order anything yet," Steve argued, "and like I said, I don't want you to be grumpy all day tomorrow, let alone all week. So come on."

Danny sighed as he lifted the shirt up and pulled it over his head.
He couldn't suppress another moan as Steve dug his fingers into the tense flesh again.

"Tell me if it hurts too much; I'll stop."

Danny inhaled sharply. "Don't- don't worry, mhmm, I can handle it." He let out little whimpers and moans every time Steve hit a pressure point. He was enjoying this more than he thought he would. Maybe a little too much.

"Is this okay?" Steve asked every once in a while, just to make sure he wasn't hurting Danny.

Steve's movements slowed, almost as if he was thinking about what to do next. Danny's neck was already feeling much better, but he wasn't going to tell Steve that. No, he was going to enjoy this as long as possible.

Suddenly, Danny felt Steve's lips on his neck peppering it with gentle kisses. "Is this okay?" Steve's voice was very close now.

Danny could feel his warm breath on his ear. His heart was beating like crazy as he scrambled for words.

"Yes," Danny yelped as Steve started to suck on his neck. "Yeah, this is more than okay."

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay I wrote this before they gave up the whole restaurant thing I just never published it but here it is