Chapter 3 - Make the impossible possible.

Start from the beginning

I try to open my eyes again, and surprisingly I see Connor’s head way to zoomed in. He blinks and turns his head awkwardly away. I grin, and look around. Apparently i’m in my room. I throw my covers to the other side of the room, like I always do, but already regret cause I feel the wind blow along my naked legs. Connor looks shocked, and hurries over to the corner and grabs my covers. Did he just? Is it just me or is he really protective? I’m confused. Thankfully I take the covers again over me, and let out a sigh. 

Even my mother isn’t protective. Not so surprising though. She takes care of other children. No, why should she even care. Caring for your daughter is so extraordinarry. Nobody does that. God I think I have at least one talent, sarcasm.

Connor went downstairs, and I stumble out of my bed to my closet. I feel so dizzy. I open my closet and not caring what I wear, I pull out my oversized hoodie and my trackies. I don’t care if I look like crap, cause I apparently always do. According to the comments those jerks send me.  

Still stumbling, I walk out of my room, and the smell of delicious, perfect scrambled eggs. Nobody has ever made them for me since my Mum. And i’m talking about my 7th birthday. After that, she never ever has made me breakfast again. Told you my story is sad.

I push the door open, and carefully I take a few steps out. In one snap, I remember what happened. I don’t know for how long i’ve been unconscious. I’ve never been knocked out by bullies. You have no idea how much it hurts. Going to school, while knowing nobody likes you. Sitting in class, while everyone talks about you and laughs at you. Having lunch, and knowing you’ll never be part of the normal people, nobody will ever join you.

I wish I could turn back time. Then it’d be so much easier. Then i’d have Delilah to protect me. She was always the tough one. The strong one. She was a fighter. When we got the news, she catched it really well. The first thing she said, was that she would like to have a carrot.

She always had a really strong will, and that’s why she survived the first two times. But this time, the cancer hitted a bad spot. Her stomach. Her spirit was really well. She was always happy, and when I came to visit her in the hospital, she made me smile even though I was the one who should make her smile.

She had a lot of friends, on the opposite of me. I never expected that she would became my best friend. She was always the popular one, but not the mean kind. Everybody liked her, cause she had a great mood and made everyone smile. Sometimes I was jealous, because nobody liked me. Other people were also always questioning why Delilah would hang out with someone like me. 

I once asked her, but then she grabbed my chin and she told me she loved me because I was different. I was me. Her ‘friends’ of the popular clique, came to visit her once a week. I visited her everyday.

You know, when you lose someone is the moment you realise how much you had.

At the end, when she got sicker and sicker, her friends lost contact. They never showed up again. Once, I asked them why after receiving some dirty looks. They said they didn’t want to get attached. That was the only time I came in a fight. And that was for all the right reasons. 

Delilah was wonderful. The time she lost her facial hair, she laughed about because she thought she looked like a monkey. She loves monkeys.