Butterfly wishes - Chapter Three

My twisted fate Chapter 3

“Who is it?” I asked my hand on door handle. I was a little confused as to who could be knocking so I was hesitant to open the door without knowing who was on the other side.

“It’s me!” Mia squealed excitedly from the other side, I quickly opened the door, extremely happy to see her. I have to say I was very reluctant when Ozzy had suggested that I should perhaps maybe go out on a shopping trip or something with her, so we could get to know each other a little, short while after I’d met him.  Can’t have my two girlies not knowing a thing about each other, I recalled him telling me once. But once I got over the butterflies I initially had in my tummy I had had a great time getting to know Mia. My fear had only been there because of reading stories of girls having boyfriends that had sisters that were cruel and bitchy.

Mia immediately stepped forward and wrapped her arms around me “I’m so happy to see you!” she grinned “I’ve been so bored, especially since Kian keep getting called to meet up with the guys.” She paused momentarily. I could tell she was hesitating, so I took the opportunity to step back, allowing her to come further into the room.

“Nice room,” she commented looking around appreciatively, clearly side-tracked from her previous thoughts.

I raised my eyebrows at her confused “Isn’t yours the same?”

She shook her head “No, they’ve messed up. They’ve only given us two single beds so it’s pretty annoying trying to fit all four of us. Well five.” She added looking down and patting her tummy. "But we've pushed the beds together, so it's alright."

I followed her gaze and smiled “Oh I see, so you all prepared then?” I asked gesturing to her tummy.

She nodded “Almost. But there are a few things that we want to get after he’s born.”

She walked towards the bed and sat down, she looked at the rumpled duvet and frowned “Were you sleeping Ella?”

“Yeah, I’ve been having tiredness issues.” I sat down beside her and reached over attempting to straighten the cover.

“You know,” Mia began with a twinkle in her eye “At the start of my pregnancy, I always feel more tired than usual.”

I laughed “I’m not pregnant Mia. I’m a hundred percent sure of that.”

She pouted and then smiled again “But...well you know it could be a possibility.”

“No, really Mia, it’s physically impossible for me to be pregnant.”

Mia stared at me with her mouth wide open “You mean to say you still haven’t done the deed?” she sounded so horrified; I couldn’t help but burst out laughing.

“No, we haven’t.” I told her biting my lip.

“Oh, well, doesn’t matter, you’ve got rest of your life to make up for lost time.” She giggled; I shook my head at her comment and laughed with her.

Suddenly she stopped and adopted a serious look “So where is that brother of mine then? She asked.

“He’s running some errands, so he’s not coming.” I told her frowning when I noticed that she looked rather confused.

“What kind of errand?” she pressed after a few seconds.

“I have no idea.”

“Hm. Well how are things between you two anyway?” she said settling herself onto the bed into a more comfortable position.

I blushed thinking of how things were between Ozzy and I. I looked up to come face to face with a smirk on Mia’s face.

“Great then, I take it,” she said “I knew the moment I saw you together that you were a match made in heaven.” I just smiled.

After a minute Mia propped her body on her right elbow and looked over at me “So you’re sure that Ozzy isn’t coming?”

“Well, when he said that he had things to do urgently, I assumed that he wouldn’t be coming.” I was starting to become a little confused at her persistent questioning of the whereabouts of her brother. What did she think he was doing?

Quickly seeing the panicked look that worked itself onto my face she immediately sat up “Oh no, don’t worry, it’s just that I was sure that he’d told me a couple of weeks ago that he was coming. That’s all.”

I had opened my mouth ready to reply when Mia’s phone rang, she glanced down and held up two fingers, which would mean two minutes to a stranger but I knew that she’d be on there for closer to twenty. So I switched the TV on and grinned when I found a re-run of my favourite episode of one tree hill.

When Mia was done, she looked at me biting her lip.

“What is it?” I asked her.

“Nothing, nothing at all, everything is fine. Fine and dandy.” She said standing up. I raised my eyebrows amusedly at her choice of words. Who on earth says that these days I thought to myself.

“Where are you going?” I asked as she took a step towards the door.

“Oh, you know, just to um get ready for the evening.” She muttered quickly and then practically sprinted to the door. “See you!” she shouted as she bolted out of the room.

I wondered if I should follow her, but then looked at the clock and then at the bed that looked inviting. Maybe to prevent myself from falling asleep at dinner I should try to get some rest.

When my alarm rang, it was dark outside so I quickly climbed out of the bed and pulled the blue curtains shut. I looked at myself in the mirror and breathed a sigh of relief; it was not going to take too long to sort my hair or my face out. I walked over to my suitcase and lifted it onto the bed and carefully selected my light blue dress that was decorated with black butterflies and a pair of tights to go with it since it was no longer summer. Scratch that, since it was England.

After I quickly applied my sparkly pink lipstick and had brushed my hair that was already straight I decided to pull out my cardigan to go over my dress. I grabbed my black purse/bag and my phone off charge and headed out of my room towards the lifts. When I reached the dinner room I paused, I really didn’t feel like going in, I leant back against the wall and closed my eyes for a few seconds trying to mentally prepare myself for what was going to be around the corner.

“Waiting for me?” A familiar voice laced with amusement asked.

~~~~~~~HOPE YOU LIKED IT~~~~~~THANKS FOR READING!~~~~~~~