Chapter 8

After you and Maka took the boys to the nurses office, Maka took you back to her place to wash up and sleep for a little bit before school, even though it was like 4 in the morning. 

        "If it wasn't for them you could have had a good night sleep. I'm really sorry ___!" She frowned as she unlocked the front door and walked inside. You walked in behind her and were greeted by an open living room and a kitchen nearby with a dining room. You smiled, your old house was never as clean as this.

        "So, ___..." She took you to the guest room where you found a bed, and above the bed with a bookshelf stocked with books from this year to 1976. They were arranged by date and you looked at Maka, who stood, hands on her hips looking proud of her achievement; she should be. You took the book that stood out to you the most. You always saw this one online, but you had never been able to read it. 

        "Do you read often?" Maka asked, eying the book in your hand with great tenderness. 

        "Not really... My dad would always say 'Books are useless unless you have the right mindset to burn them.'" You hung your head in shame, your dad was the opposite of your mom, who thought books were a virtue.

        "Well, if you don't read much, I say that you shouldn't start with 'The Fault In Our Stars'. It's an emotional roller coaster of pain~!" She clutched her heart and pretended to flop on her bed in sorrow. "I fell in love the same way you fall asleep; slowly, then all at once." She sighed and picked a different book for me to read; it read 'The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.'This one you also saw online a lot. They made this and The Fault in Our Stars into a movie. Two of which you mom would never let you see because she was convinced that TV would rot your brain. Oh the struggles of living with polar opposite parents! "This one was a special one of mine because I became obsessed with it, I fell in love with Peeta and Katniss, whom of which are my OTP. I couldn't stop eating cheesebread for a week!" She smiles and clutches the book to her chest as if she were hugging it. You gave her a confused look, to which she replied to by passing you the hardcover novel. "Read and you will understand! But for now, you must rest." You nodded, placed the book on the bedside table and laid in the bed, under the covers. 

        Maka smiled at you, one of comfort and care. "If you ever want to talk about being an angel, just talk to me; I've watched enough Supernatural to know." She then shut the door to your room without another word, leaving you stunned and wondering how.

~Time Skip brought to you by Light's potato chip~ (If you don't know what that is, I judge you so hard.)

        Maka woke you up from your deep, dreamless slumber at 7:03 on the dot. You then jumped into the bathroom and took a fast 10 minute shower, did your hair into a side braid and put on only a thin layer of mascara which Maka conveniently bought for you. After that, you wrapped yourself in a towel, in which Maka left for you in the washroom and walked to the guest room and put on the clothes that Maka had left for you on the dresser. They were her's, and surprisingly, you fit into them perfectly. It was a small dress that went to the middle of your thigh. It was plain black, so you decided to accessorize it with a blue scarf you had wrapped around your head as a headband yesterday. You wrapped the scarf around your waist and looked at yourself in the mirror. Normally, you were a sweatpants and band merch kind of girl, but you took to the dress nicely, even if it was super short.

        You walked out of the room and was greeted by Maka, whom was wearing the same dress as you were, but in blue. She then saw your blue scarf and ran to her room to retrieve her black scarf which she wrapped around her waist in the same fashion as you did. 

        "Twins!" Maka said and led you to the dining room table where she had already prepared a piece of toast and coffee. She laid out nutella, jam, peanut butter and butter for your toast; then an assortment of creams, sugars and milk for your coffee.

        You then ate your toast and drank your coffee, which was a godsent considering you had few hours of sleep. 

        "Maka... How do you know about me being an angel?" You asked suddenly, catching her offguard as she was just about to take another bite of her toast. 

        "I can see souls, ____. So can Stein and Kid. Your soul has angel wings. So, you were either extremely innocent, or an angel. And since we share the same mother, I knew what she is... was. You're an angel." She smiled and took her last bite of toast as you packed your bag for school. 

        "Should I tell Lord Death about the whole Stein situation?" You ask Maka, who was walking out the door with you.

        "Yes, if he doesn't already know." She states.

        "How will I know if he knows?" 

        "If Stein is in class this morning, you'll know. By the way, did you get your schedule?" You handed her the schedule you got yesterday and she looked it over. "We have every class except for fourth together." You nodded at her and continued walking.

        As you got to the school, a massive crowd swarmed you. 

        "Is it true, ___?" One girl yelled in your face. Everything was so chaotic, you couldn't ask what the hell she was talking about.

        "Are you really what everyone says you are?" Another boy asked. 

        "I told you the other day, ___. I would be able to control your actions." Steins voice whispered in your ear. 

        What does everyone think I am?

        What does Stein mean? 

        Help.

Sorry, I was gonna make this longer, but I have to leave. 

bye