Chapter 6

You felt the wind rush through your hair as you sore through the skies, feeling the adrenaline inside you; you'd always wondered what it would feel like to fly, never being on a plane, you never had the experience of seeing everything from a birds point of view. Now, everything was so different; Death City seemed like a miniature town set you can buy in a toy store. When you saw Death City in all it's glory, you were reminded of what you were to be doing, so you descended toward the ground, just slightly so that you'd be able to see the citizens and, hopefully, catch sight of Kid and Soul. 

        As you flew to Professor Stein's laboratory, you saw them and picked up your speed. You almost couldn't keep your eyes open due to the high velocity wind. Your wings flapped creating a ringing in your ears, but you willed yourself to keep going, despite the hazards. Once, even, a newspaper flew in your face... Let's just say you were not impressed. The Death Times was a great read, but not a great hat.

        "Death the fucking Kid!" You shouted at him, cursing as loud as possible. "You stop this nonsense!" He looked up at you and stopped in mid flight. Next you went after Soul; but, unfortunately, he had his ear-buds in his ears, he'd never be able to hear you. 

        "Drastic times call for drastic measures." You said to yourself and flew straight down toward Soul, and as quickly as you came, you grabbed how on his handlebars, put your feet on the road and straddles the bike, not letting the rolling tire touch you.

        Your wings, then, disappeared.

        You panicked and realized that as soon as your feet touch the ground, your wings disappear. 'That's helpful information to know, IF I LIVE!' You thought to yourself. 

        All this happened in the span of 3 seconds and you could swear at that moment, time slowed down. Soul yelled your name and stomped on the break, the motorcycle came to a screeching halt, sending you flying over it and toward the ground. It was as you hit the road you realized... you didn't know how to get the wings back. 

        Suddenly, time resumed and you hit the ground at full impact. 

        Kid flew toward you and Soul jumped off his bike in a hurry. Luckily this was a dead road so there were no cars in sight. 

        "____, are you okay?" Kid helped you up by your arm.

        You pulled your arm away from him and brushed off the dirt from your jeans. 

        "It was nothing." The badass in you came out and you had the urge to start wearing leather jackets and get rad tattoos that cover your entire arms. 

        "___, you're not fine, you're bleeding." You looked at your leg and it was indeed bleeding, but you felt nothing. No pain. 

        "Oh and what the hell was with the... WINGS!?" Kid yelled at you. Suddenly, your badass attitude faded as Kid reminded you of your dad at that moment. Thoughts of your dad soon led to thoughts of your mother; your mother, lying on the floor, telling you to run and never look back. It was this moment that you realized, your demons would follow you forever. (Ha, that's ironic, being an angel...) You guessed you were showing a distressed look because Soul then took you in his arms and hugged you tightly. 

        "No matter how you look, or what you are, I will still feel the same way about you. That will never change, ___." He whispered in your ear, one single tear drop fell; One tear for your mom, for your confusing life, and for your love for each and every person whom has helped you through this first day, which, regrettably is one of the longest. 

        "Please, don't tell anyone... My dad is a demon and my mom is..... was... an angel. When it comes to us half breeds, we never know which one we'll turn out to be until we turn 16. I guess I got it from my mom, though I still don't have the hang of how these things work..." You smiled at them as wings shot out of your back, allowing you to hover off the ground as you continued to talk to them. 

        "Why wouldn't you want anyone to know?" Kid asked, puzzled by your exterior. 

        "Because, they'll think I'm a freak." You answered, blushing in embarrassment as the two boys caressed your wings.

        "___. Two points; One: You're an angel, not a freak.  Secondly, half of us turn into weapons... I don't think being an angel would be a problem, you're cool no matter what you are." Soul stated. 

        While he did have two very valid points, you didn't even want these two to know.

        "That's fine, ___. If you don't want us to tell anyone, we won't... So symmetrical!" Kid flopped on the ground and rolled around as if he were on fire, but more... Symmetrically.

        "They are so soft... I mean, so cool." Soul regained his composure after he was previously running his face on your feathers. You roll your eyes and the sun starts setting, leaving room for the laughing moon.

       "C'mon, ___, we better get you home. By the way, where-"

        "I don't have a home." You interrupted Kid as he was just about to ask where home is.

        "Why not come stay with Maka and I. She is your sister after all." Soul was almost too quick to jump of that offer. 

        "Thank you so much, Soul!" You turn to him and hug him, as Kid glares at him. 

        "Go back to school and wait  for Maka, I'll text her to meet you there, I have to go... Shopping for food." Soul tells you. 

        You smile, nod and turn to Kid and say goodbye before flying off into the sunset. 

        Little did you know, the direction Soul and Kid were travelling to wasn't toward the supermarket, but none other than Stein's labratory.

Ta da