Chapter 22: A Drunken Mistake

Start from the beginning

"I'd like you girls to meet my brothers, Arthur and Neil," Trenton said, gesturing to his younger brothers in turn. "Boys, this is Cindy, Alexa, and Stacy" His whole life, Trenton had been a flirt, but since his wife was killed two years ago, he had become an absolute player.

All three of the women were attractive. They were all about the same size and similar appearance, but they were clearly not sisters. Stacy had mid-length, wavy brown hair. Alexa's hair was a bit longer and as dark as obsidian. Cindy had long, straight blonde hair.

"Hey, handsome," the blonde woman approached Arthur, running her hand down the buttons on his shirt. He couldn't help but notice she was the most gorgeous of the three. Her short, tight red dress hugged all the right places. The fact that the best looking woman chose him over Trenton shocked him, considering Trenton's more muscular form and short beard tended to attract more attention from the ladies. Of course, Arthur didn't look too bad himself; the war had kept him in great shape, and the scars he had accumulated didn't hurt either. Then there was Neil who had nowhere near the muscular build his older brothers had, but was slender and toned which exaggerated the muscles he did have.

Catching his mind wandering, Arthur backed away from the beautiful blonde woman as the band started playing a new song.

"Ooh! I absolutely love this song!" Cindy exclaimed, bouncing up and down.

"Let's dance!" Stacy, the brunette suggested, grabbing Trenton's hand.

"I-I'm married," Arthur stuttered. The alcohol hadn't hit him yet, so he was still of sound mind.

"It's just a dance," Cindy assured.

"Yeah, and I hate to tell you, but most of the time separated couples end up divorced," Neil confessed as he allowed the dark-haired woman to drag him to the dancefloor.

Arthur didn't want to get a divorce and he didn't want to cheat on Molly, but they were right. It was just an innocent dance. Grabbing his beer, he followed Cindy to where his brothers and her friends were already dancing. Then he remembered something important...He hadn't danced to upbeat music like this in decades. However, all he had to do was stand there and move with the beat while Cindy danced around him. Every once in a while, Arthur would glance over at one of his brothers to try and pick up a couple moves and in no time, he was twenty-three again. Whether it was the atmosphere or the alcohol, Arthur wasn't sure, but by the third song, he lost any feelings of guilt he had had and was focused on the slim, young woman in front of him. Good thing too, because he had to catch her with his free arm as she fell backward into him.

"Perhaps, you've had a bit too much to drink," he grinned, lifting her upright.

Gently running her fingers across his jaw, Cindy said," I meant to do that," before winking and sashaying back to the bar.

Mesmerized by this exquisite creature, Arthur followed. It was almost as if she was part Veela.

At a loss for words, Arthur stammered, "That was – You are – Let me buy you a drink. Anything you want," he offered.

She took him up on the offer and the two talked. It wasn't much longer before Trenton, Stacy, Neil, and Alexa joined them and ordered more drinks.

Stacy invited Cindy and Arthur to join the four of them outside to cool off. After they all had received their orders, Trenton snorted at Arthur's firewhisky. Arthur didn't see what the issue was. He wasn't the only one who had stepped up from the disgusting, cheap beer. Arthur raised an eyebrow at his brother's reaction.

"You know what that does to you. Can't remember a thing the next day," Trenton replied in answer. Arthur shrugged before following Neil and the girls out, all with refreshed drinks in hand.