Chapter 4: Class Trial in Session

The doors open and we see a bright blue court room. The stands are all facing the center of the room. Sixteen of them. One has a picture of Rous next to them. A pink X over it. "I'd feel bad if I left one of you guys out!" Mononeko says sitting in his chair. "Now shall we begin?" He says. We all go to our stands. I stand in between Raptor and Mary. "So let's begin by going over what she was like..." Stiffy begins. "Her body was found in Classroom 1A." Mango says. "Her head had been pinned to the desk by a metal ruler. Her drawing hand pinned by a scissor." I continue for Mango. "Okay so that's all we know. Now who did it?! Raise your hand!" Wild says. "That isn't going to work you idiot!" Declan yells. "Okay... We need to talk about why she was there. Anyone could easily draw in their room. Why would she draw in the classroom?" Scar looks around at us. "She was drawings something for us." I say. Everyone looks at me. "How do you know?" Stiffy asks. "I saw paper under her head and I kinda... Pulled the ruler out of her head." I say. Everyone mumbles in horror. "Good job princess!" Mononeko claps. I pull the drawing out of my pocket and show everyone. Everyone examines it.

"W-Why.." Raptor begins. "Because the killer gave her the idea to draw us all to try and make us happy." Xeo crosses his arms and looks at me. "We found a note in her bedroom. She hid it so I guess no one would find it." I say. "What..? A note?" Raptor says. "It said to meet in Classroom 1A and bring all your materials." I continue. "Really...? Who would do such a thing to someone so kind?" Wild looks at her stand, tears filling her eyes. "Well before we jump to conclusions I want to bring something up about the body." Xeo says. We all look at him as he pulls a piece of tape covered in blood. "What is that..." Scar asks, grossed out by the tape. "It was on Rous's neck. She was stabbed in the neck." Xeo says. "As well as the head...?" Mango asks, shocked. "The killer probably stabbed her neck and figured it wasn't enough." Xeo explains. "A small stab to the neck that she had wasn't enough to kill her. To cover up their mistake they taped it, so they wouldn't show the failure." Xeo continues explaining. "It's disturbing but the killer proably hesitated at first, causing the stab to be a failure." He says uncrossing his arms. We all stare at him in shock. "Whoa.." I say. "Wow looks like some people weren't slacking off!" Mononeko says shocked. "Okay so... Why was her hand stabbed to the desk?" Cheesy begins. "Maybe she wasn't killed at first..." I begin. Everyone stares at me as I begin thinking. "There are two possible things she could have done. She could of wrote the name of the killer... Or she could have stabbed them. So the killer decided to stab her hand to prevent her from doing so..." I say. "Good observation Lily. That's why the pencil was covered in blood. She was gripping it when her hand was stabbed. The killer knew she had time to write in that time she could write their name or stab them."

"So your telling us that she was stabbed in the neck, which failed, then to the hand, and to finish her off she was stabbed through the skull?" Anna says, her voice shaking. "Yes." I nod and Mary speaks up. "Okay so what about that note? Who could have written it?" She begins. "The note. Obviously written by the killer." Xeo says. "Yeah no shit." Mango says. "But who could have written it...?" Simple asks. "Well. I compared notes. The one from Rous's room and the one from the other night asking us to meet in the dining hall. They were exactly the same." Xeo says. We all look at each other. "Mononeko asked someone specifically to write them. Correct Mononeko?" Xeo says. "Yes I did!" Mononeko says playing with yarn like a kitten. That is a little cute. I shake my head and slap myself mentally. "Who did you ask?" I say. "Can't say!" He looks at me. "Sorry Princess!" He smiles causing my cheeks to flame up. "I know who... I saw him ask..." Ender says shaking. "Who?!" Simple leans on his stand. She stays silent until she points. "Declan."

We all stare at him. He begins to sweat. "I didn't!" He yells. "Declan. Let me sum this up. You tricked Rous by telling her you wanted help with a drawing?" I grip the stand. "Then you try stabbing her but fail, quickly stabbing her hand, then stabbing her with a ruler...?" I say glaring at him. "No!" Declan panics. "If your saying you didn't write her that note... Then I want you to write us a whole paragraph." I say. He turns pale and gulps. "Looks like it's time to cast a vote!" Mononeko says. "But I didn't do it!" Declan yells tears forming in his eyes.

A slot machine appears. Mononeko pulls the lever and it spins. A Chibi of Declan appears on all three slots. Guilty flashes above it and confetti shoots out. "You got it! Declan did it!" Mononeko cheers. Declan looks down at his stand. "Declan.. Why...?" Simple says. "Because... Because I WANTED TO GET OUT OF HERE!" He yells. "Insanity got the best of him! He tried to burn all the notes he sent! But he missed a few didn't yeah?" Mononeko says. "Well! It's time to get the execution started!" Mononeko says. "No... NO!" Declan screams. Mononeko presses a button and the TV behind him turns on.

'User Declan has been found guilty. Loading execution...' The screen says. A little Mononeko drags a chibi Declan off screen.

Mononeko puts a collar around Declan's neck and drags him down a hallway. We all follow far behind. Declan is brought into a cage which quickly changes scenery.

Creeper Attack

We all see Declan has been dragged into minecraft. He begins mining for wood, since he had just started a 'new game'. He hears a noise behind him, slowly turning around to see a creeper. He begins running since he has absolutely nothing. He runs faster and faster until he begins to get hungry. He runs into a cave, hoping he lost the creepers, only to reach a dead end. He slowly turns around, his eyes watering, to see hundreds of creepers. The slowly get closer and closer to him. Tears fall down his cheeks as the creepers hiss. There's a huge explosion and we all open our eyes to see Declan's blood splattered everywhere.

I fall to my knees holding my head. "No..." Simple says. Mononeko is laughing like a maniac. "There's your first execution! It was a blast!" Mononeko jokes. "You're...Such... A bastard." I say looking up at him. "It's okay Princess! I know I am!" He laughs. We just witnessed our friend die.

This is a nightmare.

STUDENTS REMAINING: 14