Miraculously Dense

A/N: Hey guys, how's it going? This is my first fanfic that I have ever published, so I'm not sure if it's any good or not. I'm kind of just testing the waters with this one, it's meant to be a one chapter story. I really want to know what you thought about this. I would greatly appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism you can give me. Also, be warned: THIS IS PURE FLUFF ;). Well, I really hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

~ wolfdragon2004

Adrien picked up the feathered derby hat, starting to place it on his head. But then his nose began to itch, and he took several quick, shallow breaths before he gave in and let out a sneeze. He rubbed his nose and turned to Marinette, who had a concerned look on her face. "Sorry" he said sheepishly, "I'm allergic to feathers." Marinette gave him a confused stare for a couple seconds, then snapped out of it, giving him a smile. "Gazuntite!" She exclaimed, seeming to have shrugged off any previous thoughts she might have had relating to a certain black cat.

"That's a wrap!" The director yelled, giving them a thumbs-up. The television crew immediately started packing up set props and wheeling away cameras and sound devices. Adrien and Marinette walked over, now hand in hand, to talk to the director. "So, is that all for today?" Marinette asked, sneaking Adrien a small smile that he returned. "Yep. Good work you two. Now get out of here, there's obviously somewhere you'd rather be." He replied. Both Adrien and Marinette blushed, glancing down at their intertwined hands then back up at each other. The two quickly turned and walked out of the studio, Adrien giving a hurried "thank you" to the director, who was smirking as he watched them go. "Those lovebirds really have it bad, huh, Alya." "Totally," said the director of photography. "Hey Nino, you want to go grab a bite to eat? I'm starving."

Marinette and Adrien walked out of the studio into the clean, crisp, autumn air. It was mid-September, and the leaves on the trees were just beginning to turn orange and brown. It was slightly chilly, but in a pleasant way, so that it was easier to feel the warmth of other people when they were near. A little ways away, Andre was visible selling his ice cream to a happy looking Mylene and Ivan. "Aren't they the cutest together?" Marinette said. Adrien smiled. "Yeah," he nodded, but his thoughts were elsewhere.

Still holding hands, Marinette and Adrien both transformed. Ladybug looked at Chat Noir and said, "Race you to the Eiffel Tower?" "Challenge accepted," he agreed. He and Ladybug took off, the wind whipping through their hair. Ladybug relished the rush of adrenaline she got from swinging at exhilarating speeds through the beautiful city on her yo-yo. With Chat Noir following closely behind, she touched down lightly on one of the metal platforms protruding from the tower. Almost routinely, Chat slid down into a cross-legged position, and Ladybug sat in front of him, her legs dangling over the edge of the platform as she leaned back into his leather-covered chest.

"Can you believe how dense they're making our characters?" She said, snuggling closer him. "I'm just glad we're not really like that!" He answered enthusiastically, making her giggle as he puffed out his chest, causing his golden bell to jingle lightly. "Yeah, we found out ages ago, didn't we?" She spoke softly, a kind of wistfulness present in her voice. She remembered that day like it was yesterday - no, like it was earlier today even! And she was sure that she would never forget the feeling of joy that had overtaken her when he had told her that he loved her, after they had defeated Hawkmoth, after she had finally gained the courage to reveal herself to him, and he had revealed himself to her. She had never imagined that things would turn out the way they did, but she was glad for it.

Chat's voice snapped her out of her reverie. He asked, quietly, "Mari? You ever wonder what it would be like if things turned out differently?" "Sometimes," she replied, "But we'll never know, will we. And I think that's for the best. Anyway, things seemed to turn out pretty good on their own!" She exclaimed, turning around to tackle him playfully to the floor. They now lay side by side, legs tangled, facing each other. He gazed deep into her eyes, as if seeking refuge. She willingly obliged, telling him with her eyes that everything would be okay, that he didn't have to worry about his father by himself, that she was there for him. And he smiled his cheshire grin at her to tell her that he knew, and that the same went for her.

The world may have been different if that day had never happened; Hawkmoth could still be terrorizing Paris with his akumas, Marinette could still be a bumbling mess around Adrien, while Ladybug pushed Chat Noir further and further away, Adrien could have never known that his cold, distant father was the one orchestrating the akuma attacks on the city, and Nino and Alya could have never found out the truth about their identities and decided to start that new show. Maybe the rest of the world wouldn't have forgotten that Ladybug and Chat Noir were real. Who knows? Still, neither of them would have changed it for a thing.

The End

A/N: And that's it! I just had this totally random thought one day: what would it be like if Marinette and Adrien were acting as themselves in the show Miraculous Ladybug? I guess it's kind of a real world AU? As you can probably tell, this plot isn't even really a plot and there are so many holes in it it's like swiss cheese (yes that cheese joke was necessary) - but I just liked the idea that the characters wouldn't be as unbelievably dense as they are in the show. Anyway, I hope you guys had as much fun reading this as I did writing it! Again, this is my first published fanfic, so I would REALLY appreciate if you could comment with any feedback you have for me. If this goes over well (and probably even if it doesn't :P), I have another Miraculous fanfic in planning that will definitely be more than one part. OK, enough with this super long author's note - I'll send you more updates in my messages!

Later =^-'=

~wolfdragon2004