Day 29 & 30 - Rewrite the Wall

Sequel to Day 23

"Marinette, are you ready to - " Adrien climbed inside his girlfriends' childhood room then paused when he saw the faded pink walls.

Before they began dating, he remembered it being filled with his modeling photos and cutouts from various magazines. He thought it was a normal 'friendly' thing to do thanks to his oblivious nature, and recalled how he commented that Marinette was 'just a friend', something that his girlfriend ridiculed much to his disgruntlement.

He didn't see her 'Adrien Wall', a moniker he often used to tease her, when he first visited her room during their UMS practice and only learned about it when Plagg accidentally spilled the boxes filled with his pictures and cover magazines, and Tikki blurted out the reason behind it.

He rolled on the floor laughing when he saw the humiliation and utter embarrassment that Marinette projected that day. It took him few kisses and tight cuddles before his girlfriend forgave him and offered his apologies for making fun of her childhood obsessions.

He didn't consider it as stalking for a bit, and he was proud that Marinette fell in love not on his looks but on his real self. He thought that Chat Noir was his real self, only to realize that it wasn't, that Adrien Agreste was a half-model half-superhero all along.

It was all thanks to his Princess.

Now that they were living together and ready to make a big leap to their relationship - not that she was aware of the ring in his pocket - he realized that her bedroom walls changed.

Gone were the solo modeling poses when he was young and the schedule calendar that he had when he was in collège. Her wall was now filled with pictures of their friends both in collège and lycèe, though the majority were from Alya and Nino, and Adrien was always present in every group poses. There were a handful of pictures that showed him with his girlfriend and knew that some of their selfies were kept saved on their phones for privacy, but what surprised him most was the number of pictures of Ladybug and Chat Noir pinned together with their civilian selves.

"I'm sorry, I'm in the toilet..." Marinette trailed off when she saw her boyfriend staring at Ladybug and Chat Noir's grinning picture that was pinned on the wall.

"Did you miss it?" her question finally broke his reverie and saw the longings projected on his emerald eyes.

"A bit," Adrien confessed then looked at the pictures again "I miss running on the rooftops with you, our patrols together that always end up goofing around with your yo-yo and batons, us saving lives from you-know-who."

She didn't say anything when he laughed at his word.

"I just really miss our extra us," he finally said. "Not our raucous youth but our crime-fighting partnership."

Plagg who was floating above them opened his mouth but was hushed immediately by Tikki. The red kwami flashed her Chosen an understanding smile then dragged her black counterpart to the balcony.

"You know that we can still call our transformation and save the day in our usual powers, right?" said Marinette as she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend's torso and pressed her cheek on his back. "We can still do it without chasing corrupted butterflies."

"I'm sorry if I'm ruining the mood." he sighed, took her right hand that was pressed on his stomach then kissed its pulse.

She shook her head "Don't be. Besides, your Maman was saved, your father paid the consequence and Nooroo has been redeemed."